New Airdog, Plastic brakets???

Kman9090

Just put a new Airdog on my truck and they now use plastic brakets to mount them. We tightened it all the way down till we ran out of threads, and you can still shake the airdog pretty good, and the plastic has a good sized buldge in it where it sits up against the frame.

I dont think it will break any time soon, but i do think it will break eventually just a matter of time with as much as these trucks bounce and rattle.

Anybody else have experience with these???

There were a few of us who posted on their Bookface about the issues we are having as dealers and thats one of them. We havent gotten a reply yet so a few of us switched to other product lines. Everything is getting cheaper and the prices keep going up. We also noticed that tech lines arent being answered during business hours like they should.

The last few we installed had plastic brackets. I am very disappointed to see a product being cheapened at the expense of the consumer.

Yeah that's ridiculous! I guess I'm goin to have ky buddy make me some steel ones! Did FASS do the same?

Damnnn, i have had an ad165 on my 02 for about 2 years with out any serious issues... but after all the bs i have heard lately i will not be buying any more of them.

I'd have been PISSED if my AD came with a plastic mount. I had enough trouble paying that much for a run of the mill fuel pump in a fancy CNC'd housing with the correct fittings, but the plastic mount would have made me irate. If that is their MO, from now on I'll be going another route (not FASS either).

Last 5 I've ordered were all plastic. I was none too happy. I'll be pissed if one breaks and a customer cusses me out over it.

So is this big, thick, tough hard high-impact expensive plastic, or cheaped-out weak and thin Fisher-Price-type plastic?

Because I wouldn't hesitate using 1/4" plastic for a fuel pump bracket...

Im not happy about the plastic mounting plate, not a fan o fthe quick conect fuel lines. I understand why they did the lines for the guy that has minum tools but most guys just have the shop install them. Im waiting to see how long it takes for one of our customers comes back with a broken one. We gotten to where we send in all warranty cards for customers so there covered.

What do you not like with Fuelab??

Their cost which is about twice what every other pump manufacturer charges,plus,having to pay for the install kit to get the wiring needed to wire their pumps.

3 pages and near 50 posts and no sighting of Brush Pull Anthony trying to tell us how much better the cheap plastic mounts are and their new lines that fit like crap.

if my airdog had shown up with plastic brackets I'd have sent it right back, it gets -40F where I go during the winter and I've not seen any plastic whatsoever that I trust at that temp.

I think he mite of got something when they asked him to move up to IN, but im not sure. But cheaper parts and not responding to any of are concerns is a good indication of new ownership. Maybe thats why Anthony hasnt responded yet.

Back