Grinding brake's to make 16 Inch rims fit a 3rd Gen cummins

cuz yer so full of talent you came on here to ask how to grind a brake caliper...woo boy you must be a baller huh.big city boy...bet you got a cali lean and stretched tires along with yer giant douchenozzle exhaust tip and neon inside yer rims

mines a working truck..hauls 26 reg and makes it pay for itself..go ahead and bash it smoker

You forget to take your pill?

I think it'd be ok to clearance the calipers a little, for real drag tires 16" makes the most sense. You gotta do what you gotta do to an extent, I've ground on a set before. I like dieselbeef alot, don't start a fight with him he's a good guy!

This topic has been discussed on here several times and I don't recall anyone bashing on the topic. It can be done and has been done. It may not be ideal but it is a budget way of fitting 16's. I don't ever recall hearing any horror stories about doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea how much is required? I have 3rd gen brakes on my 01. Hasn't been an issue yet as it has 20s but 16s are much friendlier.
On the rear the fins are 3/16" to 1/4" and that's just about all you need to take off. The front just takes a little more, maybe 5/16". Just keep testing fitment as you mill them.

Gary- This is a legit question. You can modify the calipers to fit 16" wheels since there aren't many 17" wheel and tire combinations available for drag racing; notwithstanding the fact that most of the 17" combos are 24-28" tire height.

On the rear the fins are 3/16" to 1/4" and that's just about all you need to take off. The front just takes a little more, maybe 5/16". Just keep testing fitment as you mill them.

Gary- This is a legit question. You can modify the calipers to fit 16" wheels since there aren't many 17" wheel and tire combinations available for drag racing; notwithstanding the fact that most of the 17" combos are 24-28" tire height.

Thank you. :Cheer:

I'm gonna go ahead and grind mine down this week to get these 30x14x16 cheater slicks on I will be sure to take pics

Here is a update I used 01 front rotors and caliper brackets and the wheels bolted right on truck still stops awesome making some mid 9 second passes

Back