having trouble with a tw chip

kadeninabnitt

redneck engineer
i got a chip today from a friend of mine. he just got it last week and didn't like it so we put it on mine and it does absolutly nothing. so we put it back on his and still nothing. where as last week it woked fine so we figure its fried o well. so i try to start my truck and it just cranks wont hit a lick. the cel was on and no wts light. after messing with it for a little while we decided to try the chip again. wouldnt you know it fires right up but still like theres no tunes. it wont start unless the chip is in it im lost.

Mine would do the same thing on occasion. It would stall out, I'd wiggle the chip a bit and re-velcro it tighter. It sounds to me like the connections aren't clean enough. Did you pull the ecm and clean them well?

ya there clean. the thing is the truck wont start unless the chip is hooked up. if i take the chip completly out the truck wont hit a lick.

A buddy of mine's fried his ecm, but the chip still worked fine. He didn't pull the ecm and clean the tips, he just tried to do it in the truck. Call Tony and seee what he says, but good luck getting a hold of him.

Back