Converter stuck on Input. Help

JG250

i recently took my truck to my mechanic to have the tran rebuilt. He got it out and called me and told me that the torque converter would not come off and suggested that i find a new trans. So... Any ideas? Don't exactly know if he just dosn't know what he is doing or what. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

did the input shaft break? I've seen where you have to find some long bolts to go into the converter bolt holes and attach a chain and pull the converter off with force.

Lavon

I don't think the shaft broke. i have talked to a few people and supposedly there is a bushing that sometimes seizes to the input. I don't know much about transmissions. i am sure i could hook a chain to the converter and pull it, but i don't know what to hook it to on the opposite side that will take the force. i am debating hooking chains to the converter and hooking the other side to a pole, i just don't know if that will damage any of the internal parts. I just didn't know if anyone else had come across this problem and figured out a good safe way to do it.

Most likely the pump bushing seen it a few times. You can take two pry bars between the case and the converter, put a great deal of pressure on them and have a freind tap on the converter. Careful not to break the case.

Back