Om606 build questions

Theredbeast

I just picked up a 64 Chevy c10 and I was thinking about swapping a om606 into it. I’ve done some research on building one for 4-500 horsepower and still have questions. Questions are
1. Is it streetable at all?
2. What supporting mods do I need (rods? Studs? Etc...)
3. What transmissions support this power
4. Do all the parts come from the UK or is there a US company that can help

I’d like to se one in a c10, that would be awesome. Most seem to live at 400hp turning high rpm (6k). I don’t know if the rods will handle a quick spoiling set of compounds or not. I recently saw a video of a 606 that someone mount a p7100 on.

1. Plenty of street OM606 engines in that power level
2. The engines at that power level are mostly unopened with lots of miles on them, but upgrading the valve springs is a good idea.
3. The Mercedes 722.6 transmission has no trouble at this power level, but they come in different torque ratings so you may want to mix and match.

Anyone do pump work & injectors in the US for these engines? I know my local fuel shop will handle cleaning,calibrating & general maintenance but nothing performance on these mercedes diesels.

Anyone do pump work & injectors in the US for these engines? I know my local fuel shop will handle cleaning,calibrating & general maintenance but nothing performance on these mercedes diesels.

Do some fab work and put a p7100 or even an A-pump. I saw a video overseas of a tractor with a om606 with a p-pump. Turn the fuel way back and have super fast injection rate.

I don’t know of anyone in th states that specifically does them. I thought dieselmeken was working with a shop state side. The “big” M-pumps for these put out 330cc I believe (last I heard).

I’ve got a om603 euro manifold and om603 pump if your interested

There's 2 complete later 70s-early 80's Mercedes with 5 cylinder turbo diesels sitting at my local scrap yard, one with a hair over 300k and the other with just at 180k.

The engines and transmissions could probably be had for super cheap.

Mark.

Back