Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > StarLite Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
StarLite Diesel

Name: StarLite Diesel
Title: EFILive Cummins Tester
Member`s Gallery
CSP5 switches now shipping!

The CSP5 switches are now shipping! There are 2 styles of switches available, so I'll cover each one briefly so you know the differences in switch style:

The first style is a direct ODBII plug in style switch meaning it plugs directly into your ODBII port like an Edge Insight or other monitors. It CAN be used with and ODBII Y adapter as well if you choose

-OR-

The second style switch is a pass thru switch. Without getting really involved in the 'how to install' - it is still a fairly simple install and doesn't require any wire cutting, splicing, etc - but simply plugs in and re-arranges your ODBII port a little but provides, as part of the install, an ODBII port so that you can still plug in your CTS Insight or EFILive Autocal/v2 for datalogging etc. From appearances the plug basically looks factory as all the changes occur BEHIND the existing ODBII port. It's still a simple and clean install, pretty much impossible to screw up.

The pricing on the standard (option #1 above) switches is $65 plus shipping for the switch, and the pass-thru switches are $75.

BEFORE THESE SWITCHES WILL WORK YOU WILL NEED UPDATED TUNING! These switches obviously can't work without the supporting tune modifications, but installing these tunes is like installing any other tune into your truck - it just needs to be a CSP5 file instead of the single tune files most of the Cummins crowd has had to get used to.

Email us if you're ready or have questions! sales@starlitediesel.com

We will be posting more pictures on our FaceBook page as well for those interested. Don't have them all uploaded yet - can only skin one cat at a time

Thanks!

EFILive Cummins beta tester and "Brand X" SCI Cummins beta tester! Like us on FaceBook!
StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 10-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
HeTheAethyr!

Name: HeTheAethyr!
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
+1 the switch is legit.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
zukgod1

Name: zukgod1
Title: Old fart
Member`s Gallery
Nice!

Old 10-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Yep they're here and ready to go. Anyone wanting to check the validity can check directly on EFILive's site for approved vendors. Everything is good to go from our end and we're ready to get these out there for people that have been patiently waiting in line...

EFILive Cummins beta tester and "Brand X" SCI Cummins beta tester! Like us on FaceBook!
StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 10-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #5
Penni

Name: Penni
Member`s Gallery
Great news!!!

Sent from phone

98 - 12v, under construction now, eventually a dedicated 2.5 puller

06 - QCSB - G56, 3250 SB DD, Fass 150, Arson III, 90hp DDP, EFI Live by Done Right Diesel Performance, CTS Insight, S&B CAI, Full Audio System

1972 - Chevy C-10 longbed, also rebuilding slowly

Old 10-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
weazel

Name: weazel
Title: 5th gear killer
Member`s Gallery
these are for the 5.9s correct? i havent been keeping up with the latest and greatest for the cummins here lately

Old 10-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Yes they are only for the 2006-2007 5.9s at the moment, however they WILL be the same switch for the 6.7s once CSP is available for them (not in beta yet).

Let us know any other questions...

StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
zukgod1

Name: zukgod1
Title: Old fart
Member`s Gallery
Received mine today.
Question on the install. Isn't the program in the loader?
If not do I need to have it set to a specific tune before install?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Old 10-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #9
3brorce

Name: 3brorce
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukgod1 View Post
Received mine today.

You need the newest CSP5 software/firmware and tune set for the switch to be useable.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #10
Valair1

Name: Valair1
Title: Valair Inc. Clutch
Member`s Gallery
How long does it take to switch to different tunes with this switch

Valair Performance Series Clutches

Old 10-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #11
700kenny

Name: 700kenny
Member`s Gallery
one second

Old 10-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #12
3brorce

Name: 3brorce
Member`s Gallery
Instant just like dmaxes.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukgod1 View Post
Received mine today.

Not sure what you mean about the program being in the loader? Do you have an autocal or...??? if you bought a switch but not upgraded tuning (or if you're doing your own tuning, if you didn't convert your tuning to a CSP5 file) - the switch is about as good as nothing. You have to have the CSP5 tuning for the switch to work.

StarLiteDiesel.com

Old 10-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
StarLite Diesel

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valair1 View Post
How long does it take to switch to different tunes with this switch
There are actually some 'gotchas' with the switch, unlike what the Duramax has to do. Since the CSP5 switches work on the CAN bus (ODBII port) - they have to sometimes compete with other 'traffic' on the bus.

So, if you have say an Edge Insight - and the pass-thru switch - SOMETIMES the switch doesn't want to switch immediately depending on what you're doing with the Edge insight. Sometimes it'll take a couple seconds.

The switch can also be slowed down we've been finding out on several trucks that i've personally been putting my hands on the last couple of days, that the switching can get a little more picky when data logging. There is so much traffic coming backing with EFILive's new EDA scanning that it can take the switch several attempts at 'telling' the ECM which tune to switch to that, it can be delayed a couple of seconds.

Here's what i've found from doing data logging and watching the screen for switch to change. MOST times it switches almost instantly and that is verified right in the data being displayed in the EFI scan tool. However, sometimes it gets stuck and the switch just flat takes a few seconds and in one instance wouldn't change at all, regardless of position.

In all cases - this only happens when we're doing something 'extra' on the can bus, such as an insight or data logging with EFI. On the one occasion where the switch wouldn't change tunes, a simple key cycle corrected the issue, and it happened on initial install of the switch meaning that I hooked the switch up, hooked up efi (pass-thru switch) and turned on the key and then watched the data. the switch simply wouldn't do anything. However, a key cycle later and the switch was happy and was visible on the laptop as it changed tunes.

So - while i think there might be a couple of 'tricks' to these switches at times, i don't think they are anything a simple key cycle won't fix. I've been able to work through every issue, whether real or imagined, without too much grief. bottom line, things are new and there are ALOT of things that have to be done right to get the CSP5 into a truck and working right. Several people have purchased just the switch thinking they'd just flash 2 or 3 of their single tunes into the truck and now they had 3 tunes on their switch - just to find out after a phone call or reading up on the forums that it wasn't quite that simple.

Anyways - keep firing away any questions you guys have. I'll do my best to answer them timely.

StarLiteDiesel.com

Closed Thread