2012 Super Stock Thread

it worked so good this year just change it all around so nobody has a clue what to do. oh wait thats just the rest of diesel motorsports. never mine keep it all the same then.

I wouldn't change a thing. Just make sure that the turbo rules are set in stone and are very clear i.e. 2.650 bore checked with a 2.650 plug or other measuring device with a 2.650 dq limit hot or cold. If you don't spell it out then it will lead to confusion and a mess.

Thanks again guys. We had a blast.

Brayden

Last edited:
Really wish people would stop calling this a "street" class. Its about as purpose built of a class as you can get, whitch is fine I think its a great addition to the classes already out there just call it what it is.

Not so sure

I will drive mine anywhere you want me to. The truck that won just drove his to a dyno event in another state. Purpose built yes, but still streetable in my eyes. Jeff

I will drive mine anywhere you want me to. The truck that won just drove his to a dyno event in another state. Purpose built yes, but still streetable in my eyes. Jeff

I wasn't going to say anything, but yes I drove it from Atlanta to Durham NC, last weekend. Got 22mpg on the way up. My wife drives it to work sometimes:blahblah1:I might even drive it down too Gainesville this month. My truck has many purposes:lolly:

What you will see are purpose built trucks that can be daily driven. I say keep the rules the same. I want to build my truck for this but won't if the rules can't be nailed down. This is more of a 4wd class simply because of the weight limits. I will need to add about 400 lbs to get to the 6000 lb limit and don't want to add 900... This has the potential to be great of left alone so leave it is all I have to say.

Leave it alone - keep the rules short & simple... lots more room for innovation that way.

Except for safety concerns, bodywork should be left to the competitors' discretion.
Let everyone build what they think will win, regardless of how it looks or works - if OEM hoods get swapped for heavier 'glass pieces, or just deleted in a gamble to trade a few pounds worth of E.T. in exchange for a MPH hit from cD degradation - it's all good at the track!

The strange & wonderful creations that show up (as well as the tried & true projects) will endear Super Stock's good ol' American ingenuity, competitive comraderie & dogged determination to fans & sponsors alike as much as anything. :Cheer:

Just to make it official on the list:
1. Wrongway
2. Syrupdawg
3. "Nobody" Swole
4. Cummin95
5. Flcrawler
6. 5E Diesel
7. Michael (actually agreed almost immediately)!

I'll just shoot vids and post to compd the play by play...

I've already ran my mouth and upset some folks on the other threads...

lol

I'm still mad at you for yelling at me in the other thread!!:hehe:

Really wish people would stop calling this a "street" class. Its about as purpose built of a class as you can get, whitch is fine I think its a great addition to the classes already out there just call it what it is.

I think Bruce Block drove his all the way from Garmon's shop in Georgia down to Bradenton after his tow rig quit on him. Were there purpose built trucks there yes Sir, but there was also quite a few street driven rigs.

The only rule that has changed to my knowledge is allowing of aftermarket transmissions. The only problem I see with removing body panels is the magazines may tend not to include pics of the class. Rules say 6000lbs, 2.6 charger, and Fuel only. Seems pretty self explanatory as what you can do from there?

I think Bruce Block drove his all the way from Garmon's shop in Georgia down to Bradenton after his tow rig quit on him. Were there purpose built trucks there yes Sir, but there was also quite a few street driven rigs.

Yup, he did! Jim's truck (that I drove) is still a street driven truck, although it was trailered down for this event. Sure, people did things like unbolting the rest of the seats (or hoods LOL), but these are still street trucks that could readily drive down to the local McDonalds!

I was just also thinking.............Are the tires on these trucks rated for the speeds they are running? Just Curious?

I did not mean that the trucks cant be driven on the street, only that its not what you would call a street class. If the truck is being purpose built for that class then why care if they remove body panels, they can put them back on to drive home if they want.

Other then that I say all of Timmays rules sound like winners!

This is true for the bigger displacement engines turbo size limits kill them.

If you're referring to the 6.4's being killed because of turbo size vs displacement, the truck that won is a 6.7L. Besides they can run their stock twin turbo's or a single 2.6, i'd like to see a cranked up 6.4 running a single 2.6!
:st:

I was referring more to the 7.3, and correct me if I'm wrong but the larger the displacement the quicker the turbo is useless. But I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night so I could be wrong. On a side note I have a dodge so I shouldn't worry about it LOL

I was referring more to the 7.3, and correct me if I'm wrong but the larger the displacement the quicker the turbo is useless. But I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night so I could be wrong. On a side note I have a dodge so I shouldn't worry about it LOL

right.... 7.3's have a chance to begin with... :poke:

Back