What could cause this?

I’d pull the valve cover as mentioned and have a look white it’s running. It sounds top end, hard to tell with phone audio.
The engine shake I see tells me one cylinder is not firing.

no work was done prior or after it was parked....like a bolt fell in doing the intake or ??? that doesnt really sound mechanical tho..like a hammering.. is that the infamous injector knock i hear so much abut

no work was done prior or after it was parked....like a bolt fell in doing the intake or ??? that doesnt really sound mechanical tho..like a hammering.. is that the infamous injector knock i hear so much abut

Just an oil change, haven't had anything open on the top side in a couple years. Getting lots of response in regards to injector issues on Facebook groups. Gonna pull the top open this weekend and see what I can find.

Just a word of wisdom, I'd take the advice of people here long before I'd consider listening to a group of Facebook experts with no credibility.

I also agree that it is top end & mechanical by listening to the video. Since you recently did an oil change, I'd start by getting an oil sample done. Any Cat dealer (probably Cummins too) can get that hooked up for you with a couple day turnaround time.

Last edited:
Just an oil change, haven't had anything open on the top side in a couple years. Getting lots of response in regards to injector issues on Facebook groups. Gonna pull the top open this weekend and see what I can find.

Dropped something in the oil fill hole? That sounds nasty!

Dropped something in the oil fill hole? That sounds nasty!
We need a clear polymer oil pan on a junker engine to test what would happen.
I've seen too many inert objects in the oil pan to believe it does much, but would still be YouTube worthy.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

has an intake..thats gone..and he said he didnt do any work..after it sat it did this after startup...i thought the bolt too but...it shouldve been long gone unless it was inside the tube somehwere...

Correct, all the obsolete parts fell off years ago, grid heater went away in 2017. 2020 got a new head gasket, head checked and reworked and added studs, new turbo. Since then truck has been great.

Correct, all the obsolete parts fell off years ago, grid heater went away in 2017. 2020 got a new head gasket, head checked and reworked and added studs, new turbo. Since then truck has been great.

saying that now..im with jason...valve seat

When Uncle Gale says "failure" he means "total engine failure!" :hehe:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1suWBNtjpqE"]How to prevent RAM Cummins 6.7L engine failure due to stock grid heater - YouTube[/ame]

Back