Happy Birthday Mumau Diesel

Congrats. 34 yrs of being the best and doing a hell'va job. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started at 13. ;) Wow. So you bought the shop a new guitar for its birthday? Awesome. LOL

Guitar was for me.

Little history. I'll keep it short and sweet.

Dad started it when I was thirteen, Brian was twelve, Doug was Ten, and Ed was 5. My dad was 35. He was an over the road truck driver sense before I was born (1967). He continued that route until '79 or early '80, hauling steel. Chicago, Milwaukee, Baltimore, and so on.
He went to driving a coal truck locally when Mom sold his truck (great story, just too much typing), allowing him to be home every evening. It seemed we four boys were a handful for Mom. That being said, my Mom asked (forced) my Dad to get off the road and be a larger part in the lives of his four boys (read mom was going to have to kill two, or maybe three of us). Anyway, that worked. We started to listen more better.
After his brief stint in the coal buckets, my Dad opened his heavy duty parts store.
Working out of a little two car gas station that he rented off of a local fellow, and I do believe the number was shy $9000.00 in capitol to start.
You couldn't put a semi in the garage, but that was fine. Dad planned on using the garage for a parts warehouse, and just stick to selling parts over the counter. Anyway, that didn't work. He like to wrench too much.

Long story short, he did it, and I like to think that he had some pretty good help from his boys.

He's just pissing around now. We see him most week days unless he has something better to do. Still lots of road ahead for all of us. These Birthdays are kind of a big deal up here. I mean we did have pizza and wings for lunch.

Thanks for those of you that have been a part of it. Really... Thanks.

:Cheer:

Last edited:
Back