01 6.6 engine miss (NEED ALOT OF HELP!!)

joshgilvin34

ok guys i need some help.. im a ford diesel guy and i dont know much about a duramax. my buddy is workin on a 01 6.6l. it has a slight miss at idle dumps out alot of black smoke when barely getting into the throttle but the more throttle he gives it the smoke starts turning from black to a gray. The guy that owns it took to advance auto parts because of a check engine light they told him that the code said he had a massive fuel leak. i cant remember what exactly what the guy replaced but now the truck is missing and smokes alot. i told my buddy that he might have a leaky injector causing the missing problem or low compression on a cylinder.

any help or ideas on this would be great. if it was a 6.0l powerstroke i would be all over it but i dont know the first thing about a duramax. thanks in advance guys!

ok guys i need some help.. im a ford diesel guy and i dont know much about a duramax. my buddy is workin on a 01 6.6l. it has a slight miss at idle dumps out alot of black smoke when barely getting into the throttle but the more throttle he gives it the smoke starts turning from black to a gray. The guy that owns it took to advance auto parts because of a check engine light they told him that the code said he had a massive fuel leak. i cant remember what exactly what the guy replaced but now the truck is missing and smokes alot. i told my buddy that he might have a leaky injector causing the missing problem or low compression on a cylinder.

any help or ideas on this would be great. if it was a 6.0l powerstroke i would be all over it but i dont know the first thing about a duramax. thanks in advance guys!

if it's got a miss you could try the ice pick trick on the inj wire harness. it is usually #2 and #7 it may not be the problem but if it is the problem it's a quick and simple fix for free. theye did have a couple of areas that were prone to chaffing on the wireing harnesses as well. a good scanner should show up which inj are the problem, if that's the problem. need more info call 1-800-785-0775 scott

check for fuel in the oil and you need to get a real scan tool on it to see you ballancing rates. if excessive balance rates are found its probably time for injectors.

Being the fact that it is a 01 lb7 the problem probably a leaking high pressure fuel line internal to the valve cover. Check the oil and see if it is over full or smell like diesel. With a scan tool see if you can command the rail pressure up and see what it does if actual and desired are close that probably isnt your problem

Back