SDX Puller turnout

Got back 4am today. Great turnout I thought for all the classes, and things were pretty much over at 11pm. Really amazingly well organized. I felt bad for the SS and semi guys as the SS couldn't really open it up until 1/2 or 2/3 track, and the semis all had a bad section about 250ish feet that sent them to the outside wall.

I agree about the 2.6 trucks being ridiculous aymore. Back 8 or so years ago (Terry Coppess's "streetable" blue dually won a lot, and Scheid's lightning dually was the truck to beat and one of the first with solid rear suspension at the time). I wanted to run my truck in 2.6 and street drive it - seemed realistic at the time. I left the scene for a few years, and when I got to another event finally, I remember seeing 2.6 trucks that were 3.0 or open class trucks from the period before - exotic pumps and turbos, massive head work - if there are stock parts on 2.6 trucks anymore it is just housings and sheet metal alone. At that point I gave up the idea of ever pulling as a "normal guy". Of course, Scheid's brings out all the good competitors. Most other pulls I go to in Michigan there are MAYBE 1 or 2 trucks in the whole field that would qualify at SDX. Of course, all that equipment being there is part of why I make the 10 hour round trip to watch.

Aside from that, the track looked dry toward the end, but the event moved along so fast, the guys running the tractors literally did not even have time to refill their water tanks. I guess even though it wasn't the best, it was at least consistently the same for everyone and fair. I don't think any of the equipment sat still for over a minute. Even the broken stuff got moved off the track quickly.

Probably one of the best run pulls I have ever been to. Hats off to the guys in the blue shorts. Those guys worked their butts off - I never saw one all weekend not bustin butt or in a hurry. Thanks for the fun weekend.

It was like that last year already but now theres just a lot more doing it now so its easier to notice it...

Can we not complain about the rules? It's been that way for a few years and we are allowed having the suspension solid as long as its with a removable block so the spring doesn't really matter as long as there is something there.
How about we talk about the fact that there were 80+ trucks there to qualify both days and how the top 10 trucks were within about 5 ft. Highly competitive class with an awesome turnout.

agreed

was a great 2 nights of pulling. really got the money out of the 3 pulls. one of the most competitive pulls ive seen in many years. the 2.6 side lastnight proved to be a nightmare on drive shafts and u-joints

Well it is what it is. I will agree with you guys it was an amazing turn out and they ran the event very well. Really enjoyed everything from 2.6 to the semis. Hope they advertise the drags a bit more. Doesn't seem like anyone even knows how to get to them or of they cost more. I had to tell many people it was free with the event wrist band

I watched some of the drags from the staging area and there were some bad fast trucks going down the track. And did I see semis racing too or was that a day dream?

Who cares if you don't have a shock etc. it's solid it don't matter. There is nothing wrong with having one leaf spring, it is still a leaf

It's all how you read and interpret the rules. We were worried about some things we did last winter not passing tech, mainly with hitch setup, but no issues yet. So either we read them right or officials dont care

Sent from my GT-I9300

No there is a difference between springs hooked to the axle and not. Last year it was no travel and track bars front and possibly rear. This year springs were not attached. It's a solid suspension, it's got so out of hand it's not even funny. I am even a 2.6 supported and that's just to far

Guess what, 2.6 isn't for rookies and low hp. Don't be surprised if it gets worse to help save the carnage. Put your big boy pants on if you want to pull at the big boy events.

Give 2.5 a chance to grow a bit and everyone will be crying about it as well. "This isn't supposed to be a 1000 hp class, blah blah blah. Cheaters, too much money, rules sucks yada yada yada".

Guess what, 2.6 isn't for rookies and low hp. Don't be surprised if it gets worse to help save the carnage. Put your big boy pants on if you want to pull at the big boy events.

That has nothing to do with it. I could care Less if people spend millions. Gues what, They all will anyways. I know it's a big boy class and have no problem with that. I only point that out because people cant overcome problems so they go around them. Point being if you let it go to much longer it will end up identical to 3.0 with a different turbo and the bed isn't cut up. Like I said earlier. It i what it is. Not my battle

I'm not cheating I read the rules and I'm well within the rules, there were a few trucks there that were 100% welded up that's illegal I'm not welded, it says u have to have oem suspension points where was I cheating? Alot of dumbasses asked me why I would do that to save weight it's not worth it... Those are the same guys who don't even know why it's there... Point being don't stick your head under people's trucks!! When you don't know anything about the rules

Last edited:
I'm not cheating I read the rules and I'm well within the rules, there were a few trucks there that were 100% welded up that's illegal I'm not welded, it says u have to have oem suspension points where was I cheating? Alot of dumbasses asked me why I would do that to save weight it's not worth it... Those are the same guys who don't even know why it's there... Point being don't stick your head under people's trucks!! When you don't know anything about the rules

You took that wrong. Didnt say anyone was cheating. Didnt say you cheated. Your well within the rules. I would do the exact same, dont blame you at all. I am talking about what the class is as a whole. Calm down there killer

I'm not mad, just saying its not cheating, the amount of people that snoop while your gone away is ridiculous, we watched, it's ridiculous!!

It did seem like there was more people than normal that were "snooping." I'd walk away from my truck for 10 seconds, turn around, and there would be someone on the ground looking under my truck. I think that that is kind of annoying when people do things like that. If they'd ask to look under my truck I wouldn't really care but when they try to be sneaky about it it's annoying.

I never said anyone was cheating . I am sure alot of those people were curious spectators rather than competitive pullers .

Back