JD 8530 ivt...any way 4 more mph

I don't know who your dealer is down there, but I know I have some customers down there that hate one of those dealers...

Chris

Haney Equipment is the dealer I was talking about that had the Agco CVT tractor. They've been around for a long time and have figured out if you have anything Agco around here and don't want to drive to get parts then you're going to pay for it. They are teh closest Gleaner dealer as well. Who are your customers down this way? One of them wouldn't be Bragg Farms would it?

Haney Equipment is the dealer I was talking about that had the Agco CVT tractor. They've been around for a long time and have figured out if you have anything Agco around here and don't want to drive to get parts then you're going to pay for it. They are teh closest Gleaner dealer as well. Who are your customers down this way? One of them wouldn't be Bragg Farms would it?

Yeah, had a run in with that dealer. I can't remember all the guys down there, I just remember them when they call. We sold a tractor down there and ended up having to make a service call all the way down there to fix it, since the local dealer had no clue what was going on.

Don't remember Bragg Farms though...
Chris

Yeah, had a run in with that dealer. I can't remember all the guys down there, I just remember them when they call. We sold a tractor down there and ended up having to make a service call all the way down there to fix it, since the local dealer had no clue what was going on.

Don't remember Bragg Farms though...
Chris

From what I know about that dealer and the people as far as newer stuff there is one guy that is decent at fixing them but thats it. I work in the same town as that dealer is in now so I hear a bit more about how they operate. When I read that last post I started trying to think of anybody that may have gotten something from up your way but Bragg was it. They used to run all Agco. About 10 years ago the son took over the farm and they started buying Deere equipment minus combines. They still run Gleaner combines today. I knew they traded usaully with a Gleaner dealer up north I just don't know where. There is a dealer up there that bought their corn heads back from them year befor last when they traded all there combines in.

From what I know about that dealer and the people as far as newer stuff there is one guy that is decent at fixing them but thats it. I work in the same town as that dealer is in now so I hear a bit more about how they operate. When I read that last post I started trying to think of anybody that may have gotten something from up your way but Bragg was it. They used to run all Agco. About 10 years ago the son took over the farm and they started buying Deere equipment minus combines. They still run Gleaner combines today. I knew they traded usaully with a Gleaner dealer up north I just don't know where. There is a dealer up there that bought their corn heads back from them year befor last when they traded all there combines in.

Name doesn't ring a bell...if they were buying combines I should remember them, so I don't think it's us...There's another big Gleaner dealer in Indiana that could send them that way, or even a decent one over in West TN

Chris

Name doesn't ring a bell...if they were buying combines I should remember them, so I don't think it's us...There's another big Gleaner dealer in Indiana that could send them that way, or even a decent one over in West TN

Chris

O well. It may be the one over in Indiana then.

I have used sevice advisor to recalibrate alot of things in our tractors but i have never seen where i can change the max speed. Most of the farmers around here have been using some sort of aftermarket programmer to change there power outputs and ground speeds. Im not sure who makes it because they are good about making sure they have removed it before we work on the tractor.

I have been playin around with the computer at work and it does have the ability to raise the max rpm which i guess would give you more ground speed. I don't know how well the motor would do with the extra strain but they are pretty stout. If you have a reasonable dealer maybe they could change that for you but make sure you tell them you need the rpm for some implement you have, John Deere is big on safety so telling them you want to go faster probably won't go over good.

I have been playin around with the computer at work and it does have the ability to raise the max rpm which i guess would give you more ground speed. I don't know how well the motor would do with the extra strain but they are pretty stout. If you have a reasonable dealer maybe they could change that for you but make sure you tell them you need the rpm for some implement you have, John Deere is big on safety so telling them you want to go faster probably won't go over good.

Hey il try it! Not sure what they will say bout the rpm? !!!:badidea:

Have you tried playing with the speed cal numbers yet? Don't know if it has them but on sprayers when you do yu can get them moving that way. (4930)

gotcha the deere IVTs are ticky about messing with them so IDK deere wouldnt even let us at the dealer trear them apart much less let us fool witht the electronics

If your spelling is any indication of your intelligence, I wouldn't want you to tear into mine either.

Back