Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > General Diesel Tech
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Diesel Tech Farm equipment, Medium Duty, Big Rigs, and other General discussion can be found in here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 07:04 AM   #1
claytoncox

Name: claytoncox
Title: learnin'
Member`s Gallery
3406b trailing smoke

I will go ahead and apologize for the long post in advance, just want the full story out there.

Truck recently blew a head gasket out of the rear #6. I was no where near the house so had the truck towed to a nearby shop. They told me the back head bolts were loose and my timing was off a tad bit. They replaced the head gasket and turned my timing down. since i have left there my truck has had a constant smoke. The more you load the engine the worse it gets. I have taken it back to them and they went completely went back over the timing and said it is spot on. They told me they think i have "wire wheeled" nozzles in it and that is the cause of the smoke. I have since taken it to two other shops around my house that i know can properly tune these pumps and they have both changed the timing a little and checked advance, afc and other little things in the pump. It still has a slight smoke all the time. Is there anything else they can check or even myself to try to get the smoke down? Engine is a 4mg

Old 07-29-2018, 07:07 AM   #2
claytoncox

Name: claytoncox
Title: learnin'
Member`s Gallery
Not sure how well you can see but the thin black line is the smoke on level ground not under a hard pull. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed Thread