Marty Thacker sets new NHRDA Top Diesel Record

I dont want to rain on anybody's parade, BUT, wasnt he supposed to follow it up with an equally imressive run for the 'record' to count??? I was there, witnessed this run in person (awesome BTW); he couldnt keep it straight about 3/4 - 4/5 track. so he didnt back it up. I'm not bashin, just wanting clarification/understanding. Thanks.

so then it was his 3rd run he had to let off of due to squirliness in the right lane??? and what happened on your side of things? saw a couple of your runs as well; obviously the term, "thinking outside the box" comes to mind when pairing a Riv and a cummins.

Last edited:
I think it was his second run he let off at half track.. His first and third ( could be second and 4th?) Passes are the 2 they are thing with.. Same day back up thing..
And I redlit like a Chump first round of eliminations, started pushing through the brakes and all concentration was lost..

that's where i was a little foggy....i didnt know if y'all are supposed to go back to back or if two runs on any given day counted.

The two biggest disappointments for me was watching you redlight, and Zach's rail's failure to launch. (It sure sounded sweet though).

That is insane! It is pretty cool to see where this sport has gone in just the last 5 years. Impressive!!

Back