Super street rules

doubt it. Randy has seemed pretty firm on that rule in the past. that being said i vote for allowing hoodstacks.

i don't know the exact reason but he was very firm. Before pheonix race this year it was a hot topic. search this forum for hood stacks and i bet you find your answere.

It's because the super street class is supposed to be "street legal" trucks, and most states won't allow hood stacks on the street.

Most states also don't allow bed stacks. Not running OEM emmissions is also illegal (muffler/cat etc). Besides, not all states have hood stacks as being illegal. Heck, even now in most places you can't legally run big injectors or dual cp3's etc. unless you sign a waiver stating it's for non-highway use only. SS would be a very different class if everything on the trucks had to be street legal in all 50 states. haha

Most states also don't allow bed stacks. Not running OEM emmissions is also illegal (muffler/cat etc). Besides, not all states have hood stacks as being illegal. Heck, even now in most places you can't legally run big injectors or dual cp3's etc. unless you sign a waiver stating it's for non-highway use only. SS would be a very different class if everything on the trucks had to be street legal in all 50 states. haha

Yeah that's true. I wonder how many of the super street trucks really get driven on the street?

I would run Super Street if they allowed hood stacks. My truck is truly a street driven truck . This got beat to death last year so i am pretty sure they wont allow it to happen as much as we would all like to see it.

Sorry guys, doubt you'll ever see hood stacks allowed and I doubt it will be a index class next year either. I don't know why everyone is so bent on changing the rules.

NHRDA have been firm on there few rules they do have. There attitude is. Here's the rules, either follow them or don't race. There the same for everyone.

Was there a reason they went from batteries and fuel tank in stock location to allowing them in the bed?

Yeah, they wanted to give us 2wd guys more legal ballast in the bed area so we could keep up with the 4x4's on the slick tracks at some of the venues....... :hehe:

They allowed the battery and fuel cell due to NHRA rules for the et/mph

This^^^

I would hold off on any changes anyways. Randy said at Finals they would be laying out more defined rules for all class's this year. I am interested to see what these will be.

Was there a reason they went from batteries and fuel tank in stock location to allowing them in the bed?

The real reason was to push a couple of the very quick SS trucks into Prostreet since fuel cells and batteries in the bed didn't seem to meet with street legal, and the pissing and moaning that went on similiar to what is going on now. Max'd Out did that for the start of the 2010 season but moved the fuel cell to the stock location and put a battery forward of the fire wall by the middle of the summer.

I believe he was asking why they changed the rules this year and allowed SS to have batteries and cell's in the back.

I am glad the fuel cell and battery rule was changed, since I built my truck with them in the box. I did race two seasons pro street because of the old rule which actually worked out good, but my truck is a SS truck.
I drive it on the street every weekend and most evenings as long as its not raining out. lol

Back