Shootin for 1000. Horse that is.

i might talk with Zach about this first.. his port design isn't of conventional design for deisels and leads me to believe as he himself proclaimed early after the release these heads are oriented toward rpm, and not low rpm spoolup.. i havent heard much talk about it. I also cant say much i just bolted mine on today so sooner than later i will know how well it works. I'm just saying Zach will not steer you wrong and its not impossible that a good port job or your stock head with plenty of n2o might be more money wiser spent..

Mine loves higher rpm so far pulls hard over 3500 to 4k(with minimal throttle) , but spool up has been pretty amazing as well. He did port mine to get a decent chunck of low end flow. I still havent gotten the balls to do a full pass, but did install the turbo blankets and intercooler today! A 75mm turbo should not spool this easy.

i might talk with Zach about this first.. his port design isn't of conventional design for deisels and leads me to believe as he himself proclaimed early after the release these heads are oriented toward rpm, and not low rpm spoolup.. i havent heard much talk about it. I also cant say much i just bolted mine on today so sooner than later i will know how well it works. I'm just saying Zach will not steer you wrong and its not impossible that a good port job or your stock head with plenty of n2o might be more money wiser spent..

I was actually going to give him a call when I had the dough to ask a few questions and go from there. My goal with this is to use as little laughing gas as possible and push the fueling limits of the VE. Although a "little" N2o is still alot for this power level on a VE. lol

Let me know how you like the head, Im sure you'll be running down the road before I have the money to get one. So far from the research I've done and reviews, people love the head, especially for spool up.

I still havent gotten the balls to do a full pass

What fun is that?! LOL

Last edited:
I was actually going to give him a call when I had the dough to ask a few questions and go from there. My goal with this is to use as little laughing gas as possible and push the fueling limits of the VE. Although a "little" N2o is still alot for this power level on a VE. lol

Let me know how you like the head, Im sure you'll be running down the road before I have the money to get one. So far from the research I've done and reviews, people love the head, especially for spool up.

What fun is that?! LOL

Just remember the outstanding results from a stock manufactured head and a good valve job.

And people give me crap for running a 62mm....when I see 10psi on the boost gauge, it's two stages away as soon as I can hit the switches *nx*

This.

A single 475 is a ridiculous choice for a ve truck. By the time it lights, and makes meaningful boost, the VE will already be pulling fuel.

This.

A single 475 is a ridiculous choice for a ve truck. By the time it lights, and makes meaningful boost, the VE will already be pulling fuel.

All 1000hp builds have been thought through completely. You must be wrong.

This.

I've though about it quite extensively. Proper air flow in and out of the cylinders, big injectors and laughing gas would even light it with a 12mm pump less alone a 14mm. The challenge is to get it to light at lower rpms to use more of the VE's power band and when it comes to work, women, or power. I like a challenge. LOL

All 1000hp builds have been thought through completely. You must be wrong.

I've though about it alot but there are still flaws like my bottom end. Keep in mind, I'm shooting for that 4 digit number at least once. Reason for keeping the factory bottom end. Most guys that push for 1000 modify the bottom
end for longer life. Mine wont live at that horse power of course but I'll rarely use it.... I hope.

Lots of strange things out there. Including 12v's with vp44s etc.

Yep, mostly in industrial applications like gen sets, medium/heavy equipment, etc.

What fun is that?! LOL

So you are shooting for 1000 nitrous hp not 1000 real hp. That should be no problem.:hehe:

It's a good goal, I just like to give the nitrous guys a bad time.

Im not big on bottles, I've always said bottles are for babies. Well put me in diapers lol I have to have at least one truck on juice, and Im not talking about an Edge. I went out to the garage today and did the Old Spice thing, looked at my truck, then my wallet, then back to my truck and realized that I'm broke for toy money. Im goin in for overtime to get my go fast parts here more quickly. I have a friend in a quick EFI'd Duramax that is getting cocky..... I want to make him cry, soon. :tree:

I have a question though, being that it's a stick. Would it be best to run a BOV to keep the charger spinning faster in between shifts?

I also see that CPP sells a 14mm head for the VE. Im thinking i might go that route, It'd be better on the budget. I just need to find an injection shop or someone with a flow bench to calibrate it after i swap the heads out.

Last edited:
been a while.

meh, first time porting with valves. Ive always done dirtbikes and sleds but they were two strokes. Tips, advice for the next time?

When i finished the port job, I bead blasted the intake plate, engraved my SDE logo and the Big Mouth head edition for a little "flash". Soon as my springs get here, its going back on the block.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back