Installed south bend slay cylinder still doesn't go into gear

blue2002

I installed my new slay cylinder. At times when in neutral and I have to go to reverse or second. I have to try to go into other gears and then into second and first.

Also clutch pedal gets hard to hold down.

I installed my new slay cylinder. At times when in neutral and I have to go to reverse or second. I have to try to go into other gears and then into second and first.

Also clutch pedal gets hard to hold down.

could be clutch or transmission issues.
Try a Slave cylinder next time instead of a "slay Cylinder"

Thank you for correcting my spelling. Sorry I posted this from my phone and didn't proof read it.

But you still didn't answer my question very vague. Nothing I could possibly check to narrow this down?

Just didn't know if I installed or could adjust my SLAVE cylinder.

Thank you for correcting my spelling. Sorry I posted this from my phone and didn't proof read it.

But you still didn't answer my question very vague. Nothing I could possibly check to narrow this down?

Just didn't know if I installed or could adjust my SLAVE cylinder.
Depends if you got an adjustable one.
Make sure it is bled out correctly. Make sure you have full travel.
Drop the fluid, see what it looks like.
Try new fluid, is easier than pulling the transmission.
Other than that, it could be the pilot bearing not allowing it to spin free. Lots of things it could be.
Gotta troubleshoot it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

6 spd or 5 spd? Every 6spd I've ever had, I've had to bounce off 2nd gear to get into 1st or bounce off 5th to get in reverse. Didn't matter single or dual disk on my extended cab.

Like Mufflerbearing said maybe as simple as a pilot bearing. Had a friend all stock. Swapped hydrolics no change pulled transmission and pilot bearing had came apart and needles where trying to lock up.

Back