WTB 3rd gen. Good value?

looking at a 2003 2500 qcsb auto with 127,000, basically no rust. in good shape. Is 16k to much to pay?

I paid 15,500 for a 05 qcsb 4x4 Laramie rust free one owner 66k miles in great shape. I’d say that is really high if it was an 08 09 that would be fair in my opinion.

I paid 15,500 for a 05 qcsb 4x4 Laramie rust free one owner 66k miles in great shape. I’d say that is really high if it was an 08 09 that would be fair in my opinion.
Wow! Goes to show how much prices vary by geography, the first truck would be 20k in this area, and the second would probably be close to 30k on a dealer lot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

No worries there, I'm Fl. I bet it's hard to find clean no rust trucks up there, it better be nice as perfect for that money. Check it good.

Used trucks down here in Texas go for ridiculously high amounts. Guys wanting 15k+ for 200k mile trucks all day long. Any truck under 100k will bring 25-30k lol

Ya in Oregon prices are crazy high as well. I bought my 08 6.7 6 speed manual with 120k on it for 24k. My brother sold a solid +700hp 03 with a built auto and 170k on it for 16k out in ND. Crazy difference in prices.

sounds boringly stock, wouldn't ya rather have a truck with a nice set of compounds? big sticks? haimlton cam? fresh rebuild on a trans? twin cp3's?.......... I could go on and on, but see the truck in my classified add and give me a call.

What do you mean by basically no rust? 3rd gens rust in 3 hotspots- rear wheel wells, cab corners, rockers (in that order). All 3 of those places rot from the inside out, so if theres even the smallest bubble.....consider it to have a hole there, because there will be a hole there in a year or 2, and the fix is no different than if there was a hole there.

Now on the brightside 16k is a decent price imo, if you can talk him down a little, thats a solid buy.

Complete trucks don't sell well for me around here, that's why my policy is "blow 'em apart and send 'em away in pieces".

I'd die if I could get 10k for a decent 3rd gen truck, but it just doesn't happen.

Having said that, I sold a decent early 2007, 2WD, 3500 dually, Q/C, with a weak transmission the other day for $3500 and I was happy to see it leave.

I can buy really NICE stuff, but noone ever wants to pay me for it.

Mark.

Look at it this way, anything under ~ 160,000 miles is probably going to need a set of injectors in the near future.
Plan on that being a $4000-$5000 bil, unless you do it yourself.

Mark.

Back