My first TDI

Got a pyro, boost gauge, and oil pressure gauge coming too. I want to mount my pyro probe in the manifold, where is the best place to put it? Pictures would be appreciated! Hope to get gauges in first so I can have a before and after test of the exhaust system.

Here you go.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3670145&postcount=7

Below is the correct location to install a "TIT" probe for the VNT TDI. This places the probe directly and COMPLETELY in the incoming exhaust stream entering the turbine inlet (Turbine Inlet Temperature = TIT).

MVC-001F1.JPG

I have taken apart these turbos and the only reasonable location to measure all four exhaust streams is located in the picture above.

Measuring from the EGR port is a complete waste of time and WILL NOT provide accurate temperature data. The reason is that the probe will NOT be completely exposed to the exhaust.

If you are going to spend the time to install a probe, take the extra 20 minutes and install it correctly...otherwise don't waste your time.

Thanks for the link, but I went to go look at it on the TDI club forums and even when logged in the picture comes up just like it does on here. Even backed out and searched the specific text, found the post and went back in, still has the same blocked out picture

Never mind, got er handled. Had to copy the link to the thread, close my browser and reopened it then pasted the link. They really don't want anyone stealing their pics lol

Outstanding! Now see how high you can get the EGT! As long as if there aren't any fuel system issues, tuning issues or injector issues, these things can handle a hair over 1600 degrees all day long. After the dust settles from dieselgate, I plan on installing a 2260V on my CR, hoping to break 230-250 hp with over 400 lb-ft of torque, and I'll never even glance at the EGT. When the DPF is removed, the newer engines can handle over 1900.

Have a shop build you a exhaust. Cut the old one off, bang out the kitty then drive it in and have exhaust put on cause most shops won't delete your kitten

Back