4020 wont start

Cummins Driver

THE Cummins Driver
Dad had the pump and injectors rebuilt on our 4020. It was running when we took it off, and sent it off, and it is timed correctly, and wont run at all now. We cranked it till the batteries died and then put em on the charger and cranked it some more. We had already bled it by cranking it with the lines off. We finally hooked the 2555 to it, and pulled it with everything hooked up. Still nothing. Wont hit at all. Undo the lines,and pulled it some, and it does spit some fuel out of the lines, but not a lot. Hooked it all back up and pulled it again,and it still wont hit. I think we are gonna send the pump back to the guy and have him check it out. He said he will take care of it, but is there anything simple we could be missing.

Eric

Maybe y'all got the timing wrong. But you said that it spit fuel so I doubt it. But it's a suggestion. You guyz could always try my sure way of gettin her started. Two cans of ether and a prayer!!!!

We ran a can of either through it, and pulled it around a 5 acre field about 5 times, and it never once hit. I believe the pump is just not done right:bang Dad was pretty sure he got the timing right, so IDK. Hows that 24 valve treating ya Travis?

Eric

Just great E. I really like the new truck, except I just had to change the injection pump, ahh the dreaded vp-44. Never had that problem with 'Ol Whitey.

X2, pull the pump and rotate the pump shaft 180* and put it back on you can also get the site window on there to verify that it is 180* if you dont see line

Back