Cummins hitting 5000 RPMs - FULLY FUELED

I never new when I got efi live id be the with the truck it get us yo 5000 with fuelits been fun thanks to starlite diesel and ross at efi live :woohoo:

I would have never imagined when I purchased EFI Live through a CompD Sponsor that I would be present at the monumental event that is 5000rpm. Not even 5000rpm mind you, and laymen can produce such a result but 5k with full fueling capabilities. This moment will stay fresh in my frontal lobe for all of my existence. Thanks and congrats to Starlite Diesel and Ross @ EFI Live :woohoo:

FIXED IT!!!!

Maybe that is why 6k is an option on the latest Smarty SW. Congrats to efi live....but don't even try to bash Smarty on this one.

I don't think anyone's bashed Smarty or any other tuner here. I keep my posts and threads clean of that - i'm not about that. I'm definitely surprised to hear the 6000 RPM limit option on the Smarty - so that's great for all you guys running it! Maybe I need to poke my head into some more threads - but I mainly try to concentrate on the EFILive based threads.

All in all, this achievement is still a pretty large victory. Not for EFILive, but for all their current and future Cummins customers. I don't think ANYBODY can dispute that.... but, perhaps - I am going to be proven wrong....

We will definitely be finding where the limits are in terms of revs on these motors now that this ability is available though!

Manual trans?......... no RPM hang over 3000rpm?..........

hmmmm

Send me that ECU and wire harness so I can validate your findings.

You'll be able to test this yourself in less than a week when EFI releases these updates. We are testing them now on a couple of trucks and operating systems....

Let us know how the testing goes! :clap:

Maybe that is why 6k is an option on the latest Smarty SW. Congrats to efi live....but don't even try to bash Smarty on this one.

Not taking sides here but I dont feel that he was bashing smarty as they're have been a couple different trucks that have broke the 4200 rpm limit that smarty was holding their customers back to. Also that being said when did smarty raise they're limit up to 6k? I hadn't heard this. And I'm not trying to bash or be bashed. But I feel that smarty has held some of it's customers back with it's 4200rpm limit. As I said though that's just my .02 and may be completely wrong.

Smarty has not held anyone back....since day one they have had the most full fueled rpms...till now...where stand alones and efi just caught up...so they bumped it again.

as they're have been a couple different trucks that have broke the 4200 rpm limit that smarty was holding their customers back to.
When EFILive first started getting serious about developing a product for the Cummins there was a common trend of complaints from Cummins owners & tuners expressed to us.
The one you mentioned above is one of them, people could rev the trucks to 4,200RPM but the fuelling up there was so low it was not worth doing, you got nowhere.

Also that being said when did smarty raise they're limit up to 6k? I hadn't heard this.
They have said it's coming in a future update, but will it fuel up there? We had trucks turning RPM higher than 4,200 when we first released our software in June. We demonstrated high RPM's were not the full answer for maximum power, so we spent our time working on fueling to make those extra RPM's useful.

I should note that when using EFILive, customers are not limited to 6,000 RPM, The ECM's RPM limits don't exist using our software now. Fueling on the other hand; we've run out of test trucks to test limits at full fuel at or above 6,000RPM. I'm sure soon enough someone will want to give it a shot.

And I'm not trying to bash or be bashed. But I feel that smarty has held some of it's customers back with it's 4200rpm limit.
Stating hard facts shouldn't be seen as bashing, it has been a limit in existence since the first 5.9L after market tuner was released. It has been an issue that everyone who wanted to go fast or pull had expressed disappointment and frustration over. EFILive is the first to overcome all the fuelling/RPM issues on the 5.9L ECM, this Starlite Diesel thread clearly shows that.

Smarty has not held anyone back....since day one they have had the most full fueled rpms...till now...where stand alones and efi just caught up...so they bumped it again.
EFILive hasn't been playing catchup at all, our first release was EQUAL to the handhelds in RPM and Fueling.
We've been busy writing software only for GM vehicles for the last 6 years while all the Cummins tuning companies have been telling you all that it's not possible to do 'x' or 'y' with the factory ECM. When we first starting seriously looking at the Cummins ECM in 2010 I said it's a ridiculous claim the ECM is not capable of high RPM's, the hardware processing power within the 5.9L ECM is more than adequate for keeping up with an engine at 6,000RPM, yet alone that mystery 4,200 limit.

Since EFILive was released for the Cummins not that long ago we've proven that the only thing limiting the Cummins has been the R&D (or lack of) by those that have been doing this for as long as you can remember.
They've had years to try to figure it out, they couldn't, but for them the bigger problem is now they are competing against 5, 20, 50 (endless) new Cummins tuners who have the power in their hands to produce tunes equal to or better to what has been available in the handhelds.

I am thouroughly looking forward to releasing tuning for the 6.7L ECM, after we do we might need to get a job on Myth Busters :smirk:

I am thouroughly looking forward to releasing tuning for the 6.7L ECM, after we do we might need to get a job on Myth Busters :smirk:

This makes me very happy... like dont stand up in the office kind of happy... :lolly:

I was not being negative about my catch up comment....untill now...Smarty has been the leader in full fuel till 4k plus...just a fact. They were to only ones for over three years to have full fuel up to that limit. EFI and standalones now join and maybe even will surpasss that. I am not denying the advantages of EFI....but stating the truth about the time line to the poster above that stated something very untrue.

Anyways....conrats to EFI and Starlite for ths accomplishment....as we all should say....

Common rail to the top mutha fkrs

Looks like you finally made it over here

The owner posted on the first page but didnt say where he was from. I'd imagine if this was the first full fuel 5k truck he is probably local to zach.

Actually Zach tuned this truck remotely. The truck is based on the east coast, but I don't remember exactly where.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back