Those who have ran a Dropbox/nv4500

Is there any pros or cons to running a 2wd nv with slip yoke over a fixed yoke? Durability differences?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I doubt there is much difference. The shaft is pretty small since all of the gearing is after the shaft. Our shaft is just a basic 1410 shaft.

Is there any pros or cons to running a 2wd nv with slip yoke over a fixed yoke? Durability differences?

I used a GM NV4500 because they were shorter and have a 35 spline output shaft you use a fixed yoke on. I dont know if they are stronger than the 29 spline or 31 spline dodge stuff but the shaft is way shorter so i felt like it had less of a chance to twist and break.

I used a GM NV4500 because they were shorter and have a 35 spline output shaft you use a fixed yoke on. I dont know if they are stronger than the 29 spline or 31 spline dodge stuff but the shaft is way shorter so i felt like it had less of a chance to twist and break.

I was always under the impression a longer shaft will "flex" more before it breaks.

I currently have a gas job nv4500 with 29 spline output. I've always worried about it not being able to handle it but it seems to be doing pretty well! Gonna be in the market for a 2wd nv tho!

Back