Radio update

99GreenCummins

That guy....
My radio keeps asking to update. I set the time and do as the radio says. Key off and sitting. Next time I come back to it, says it again. Probably done it 3 times now with no luck. Each time I come back to it, it says schedule update.

Got pissed at it Sunday. Scheduled it the minute that it was on. It started the update but naturally failed because I was driving.

Has anyone had this and how did you remedy it? Hopefully it doesn't need to go to the dealer to be updated.

Mine was acting the same way the last few days. It must’ve updated at some point finally yesterday as everything seems like it’s back to normal.

Certain atmospheric and weather conditions affect electronics in numerous ways.
Especially items that rely on GPS and radio waves for information.

I'm not totally convinced that ECMs are all that well shielded, to be honest.

Mark.

Mine was acting the same way the last few days. It must’ve updated at some point finally yesterday as everything seems like it’s back to normal.

I set it for 10 minutes after I left the farm last night. I suppose we shall see this evening if it actually updates.

My 2014 updated a few months ago. Happened once I placed the truck into park. I keyed off and then keyed up to accessory so it would run. Took about 3 hours.

Once the update was complete, my radio that it was installed in an SRT vehicle for a few days until it relearned or remembered that it was installed in a Ram truck.

It apparently worked. Radio works again, Bluetooth works, bla blah blah. I'm just glad its working again, road trip to Virginia at the end of this week and wanted my radio. :hehe:

Back