2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn mega cab

17longhornmega

So I finally broke down and bought a 17 longhorn, it's amazing, over my 05 cummins qcsb it rides and drives like a dream, plus all the creature comforts is heaven.

I've been listening to the diesel performance podcast, and they said NOT to delete the truck and just get tuning. Which i was glad to hear because I don't want to void my warranty anytime soon, but what I'm really wondering is how long or has anyone experienced troubles with emissions equipment for the new models that have got miles on them, they claim emissions equip is getting better but how much? And i planned on just doing light engine an trans tuning and keeping it stock for now...anyone have any insight?

From our experience, tuning of any kind, will eventually lead to plugged dpf's.

Who's saying not to delete it and why?

They are getting better with emissions stuff so EGR coolers rarely fail, and DEF lines/tanks don't freeze or get clogged, and the new pistons have an extra ring specifically for soot (produced by EGR). That being said, you're still going to get more life and performance out of the engine without that stuff. Plus the DPF will get clogged eventually.

Who's saying not to delete it and why?

They are getting better with emissions stuff so EGR coolers rarely fail, and DEF lines/tanks don't freeze or get clogged, and the new pistons have an extra ring specifically for soot (produced by EGR). That being said, you're still going to get more life and performance out of the engine without that stuff. Plus the DPF will get clogged eventually.

RAM 2500/3500/4500 CUMMINS 2010-2016 ECM/TCM Tuning - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't want to do any engine mods at this time, I'm really leaning towards more just cosmetics now, what's a good true leveling kit? I really wanna keep the factory ride and handling...I talked to a friend who works at a suspension company and says the rams have 3" of factory rake for towing etc. and I have a feeling raising the front 3" will deff need more than just a crappy spacer block on top the spring to keep that genuine ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back