Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tractor Performance > General Tractor Performance > Tractor Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tractor Pulling Disscuss Tractor Pulling

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
01 HO

Name: 01 HO
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Tough farm any body thoughts?

Not really a tractor pulling guy, but the way sled pulling is goig for truck I don't see me affording it anytime soon here are the rules. What are your thoughts? to clear the turbo rule up it is a box stock 3lm 466 2.3x2.75 T3

Northwest Tough Farm Tractor Rules
1. Weight Classes: 7500, 8500,
2. No jumping to Farm Stock Classes.
3. All tractors must have stock appearance with original hood, grill, and fenders in place. Factory
Wheel base must be retained. All tractors must have fenders.
4. Tires- Contest is open to farm tractors with rubber tires.
a. No cut tires, no tire studs, or chains permitted.
b. Four wheel drive tractors are permitted if front wheels are disengaged.
c. No dual wheels. All factory wheels must be in place.
d. Maximum tire size of 18.4x38.
5. Engine:
a. 3000 rpm limit on all tractors.
b. Diesel – 360 cubic inch limit. Tractor must be stock agricultural block or factory
replacement. No visual modifications (i.e. intake manifolds, water injection, or
modified injection lines, etc.) Must have factory manifolds.
6. Turbo: Must match make and model of tractor or may be no larger than a box 3LM 466. The
compressor housing will have a maximum of 2.3” inside diameter (I.D) of intake and 2.0” outside
diameter outlet. The exhaust housing will be no larger than 360 with a maximum outlet of 3.06”
I.D.
a. Gas – Tractor must be stock agricultural block or factory replacement. Open cubic inch.
No V-8 engines. Naturally aspirated with single up-draft carburetor. Gas engines with
360 ci or less can run a turbo no larger than a box 3LM 466.
b. Injection Pump:
i. OEM injection pump. Must burn fuel as factory equipped. Must be a rotary
style pump. No P-pumps or A-Pumps permitted unless factory installed.
Contestant must provide SOLID specifications on tractor entered.
c. Heads – Must be OEM cast iron heads. No Aluminum Heads Permitted
d. 5.9 Cummins engines considered to be factory replacement for Oliver and /or White
tractors. Must be 12valve head and must have rotary style pumps. No A or P pump.
e. 5.9 Cummins engines can be Installed and entered in other makes as long as a factory
adapter plate and factory bell housing is in place. Must be 12 valve head and rotary style
pumps. No A or P pump.
f. All 5.9 Cummins must have safety blanket 360 degrees around bellhousing.
7. PTO and Hydraulic Systems must be in place.
8. All tractors must have fenders.
9. Highly recommended equipment for 2014 pulling season : NOTE THIS EQUIPMENT WILL BE
REQUIRED FOR SUBSEQUENT PULLING YEARS
a. All tractors are highly recommended to have wheelie bars.
b. All tractors are highly recommended to have safety blankets.
c. All tractors are highly recommended to have a recall or playback tachometer for track
officials to check RPM rates following pull.
10. All tractors must be equipped with both rear brakes working. Use of torque converters,
automatic shift, etc. is permitted. No industrial tractors or slipper clutches allowed.
11. No foot cross over and no hand control of foot brakes permitted.
12. Drawbar- Minimum drawbar length is 18” from the center of rear axle to point of hook up.
Drawbar must be stationary in all directions. Maximum height is 20” from top of hitching device
parallel to the ground. Any vertical clevis will be measured to center of loop. Must have 3 ½
inch hole and be at least 1” thick. No bracing above center of rear axle except for complete
factory set-up. If above center it must be cradled.
13. Weight - All weights must be secured to the tractor. No weight may extend more than 24”
beyond the forward most point of hood or front tires. No weights permitted on seat or deck.
Any weights or external parts lost while hooked to the sled will be cause for disqualification of
the pull. No weights to extend past the rear of the rear tire.
14. All competitors must wear a helmet.
15. All rules to be interpreted by officials. Any unforeseen problems or oversights will be ruled on
by officials on sight. All general and safety rules apply. All rulings will be final. Officials reserve
the right to allow or disallow a tractor to compete on the basis of any safety concern or
infraction.
16. Any driver arguing with a track official is subject to immediate disqualification. All decisions of
the track official will be final at each pull. Any protests will be settled at next club meeting.
s&b cai, flo-pro 5", FTE 125hp stick, fass titanium, smarty, edge drag comp, isspro ev2 guages, southbend DxD 3600 hd hydraulics, stanless diesel exh manifold, high tech turbo 62/65, third link traction bars, 2" leveling kit, mastercraft courser c/t 285/75r16

Old 05-13-2015, 07:48 PM   #2
9724VF350

Name: 9724VF350
Title: Tractor Guy
Member`s Gallery
A 3lm-466 is T4.

Will they allow VP-44'S?

Wife's ride-03 Excursion 12V swap in the works.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #3
01 HO

Member`s Gallery
Yeah just figured that out today when I called you about all this. Thanks for all the info you gave me. I got a lead on a 1650 today just was kinda leaning towards a 1750 and up to get the bigger rearend of things.
s&b cai, flo-pro 5", FTE 125hp stick, fass titanium, smarty, edge drag comp, isspro ev2 guages, southbend DxD 3600 hd hydraulics, stanless diesel exh manifold, high tech turbo 62/65, third link traction bars, 2" leveling kit, mastercraft courser c/t 285/75r16

Old 05-13-2015, 09:46 PM   #4
JoeySlushr

Name: JoeySlushr
Member`s Gallery
That'd be a fun class

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 05-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
01 HO

Member`s Gallery
Any opinions on an oliver? was thinking 1750 rgat way I get the bigger rear end amd 3 spd hyraulshift. would a 1650 be a better selection for this even though they have a smaller rear end? I do believe they have a little faster rear end could be wrong on this. looking to run a VE pump 12 V 5.9 cummins in this. any thought?

Old 05-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #6
JL Builders

Name: JL Builders
Title: On a quest for more power
Member`s Gallery
Doesn't say a common rail isn't allow either...

Old 05-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #7
01 HO

Member`s Gallery
Just says rotary pump I guess you could consider a cp3 to be rotary lol. Has to be 12V head though. looking to stay mechanical thanks though.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:51 PM   #8
JL Builders

Name: JL Builders
Title: On a quest for more power
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 HO View Post
Just says rotary pump I guess you could consider a cp3 to be rotary lol. Has to be 12V head though. looking to stay mechanical thanks though.
I know I was mostly kidding.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:35 PM   #9
newsmoke

Name: newsmoke
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Has anyone tried a 466 ve pump on a 5.9 Cummins? I know they are a different style and would require some custom work including injection lines and possibly intake manifold.

Just curious, sorry for the derail.

2014 F350 powerstroke
2014 Cruze diesel

Closed Thread