Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Sled Pulling
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sled Pulling From Street to Pro-Mod, get your Sled Pulling fix here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 09:06 PM   #1
bigstacks95

Name: bigstacks95
Title: Diesel Doc
Member`s Gallery
Lift bodies

Lets see some lift body frame work pics. Did some searching and nothing came up since like 2014.

58 Dodge Power Wagon 3.0 Limited Pro Stock diesel pulling truck

2020 Ram 3500 HO/Aisin Laramie/night tow rig

Old 01-28-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
bigstacks95

Member`s Gallery
*wipes the dust off the compd*

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:12 AM   #3
takedown95

Name: takedown95
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Shoot me a message with your number and I will text you some I have of mine. Or you can just buy it.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:51 AM   #4
ramtough01

Name: ramtough01
Member`s Gallery
I thought about it also but that seems like alot of extra weight in places dont want it

Ramtough | Teespring

Old 01-28-2021, 06:02 PM   #5
pick017

Name: pick017
Title: ohio sled puller
Member`s Gallery
Ha I was planning on doing the same with mine and was hopeful this thread would go somewhere.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:16 AM   #6
bigstacks95

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown95 View Post
Shoot me a message with your number and I will text you some I have of mine. Or you can just buy it.
Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtough01 View Post
I thought about it also but that seems like alot of extra weight in places dont want it
Was thinking about that too but I'm building a whole new truck and just want to do it once. I'm sure there's nothing like working on something that you can have full access to everything all the way around it.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:46 AM   #7
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtough01 View Post

Once you gut the body like most of these are, I think the lift body can actually let you gut even more out of it. I would guess the net change in weight is less than 200lbs. Of that 200lbs some of it does make it to the front.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 01-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #8
jones95runner

Name: jones95runner
Member`s Gallery
15895816_105016650005186_1217084465587360626_o.jpg

15874725_105016636671854_4635503115511689946_o.jpg

Not sure how these will show up. But the way we did ours. All the bed frame is made out if alum. I can pick it up with 1 hand to tilt it, then I have a bar to hold it. I had air cylinders on it but wasnt really worth it.

The cab, all the frame the cab needed was From the back of the front door back. Just made a few x braces across and back and pivot point is at the bottom back of cab. We used a 4" bore 12-16" air cylinder I can't remember which. 120# of air would pick it up. I carry a little nitrogen tank with me( co2 Is fine to). Most of the time I only use it working at home so I don't mess with tank. It is handy, but I didn't want the added weight and such of a full frame, full body tilt.

Just a idea. Not saying its the best. Keeping a full cab floor and such would add a issue into the mix. Actually what I'm looking at doing now is how to put back together to meet ppl 3.0 smooth rules. We have changed the seating and stuff now and have a firewall back in different than those pictures. But still need cab floor I guess to really pass rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstacks95 View Post

was thinking about that too but i'm building a whole new truck and just want to do it once. I'm sure there's nothing like working on something that you can have full access to everything all the way around it.

Last edited by jones95runner; 01-29-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:29 PM   #9
bigstacks95

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones95runner View Post
Attachment 75496

Attachment 75497

Not sure how these will show up. But the way we did ours. All the bed frame is made out if alum. I can pick it up with 1 hand to tilt it, then I have a bar to hold it. I had air cylinders on it but wasnt really worth it.

The cab, all the frame the cab needed was From the back of the front door back. Just made a few x braces across and back and pivot point is at the bottom back of cab. We used a 4" bore 12-16" air cylinder I can't remember which. 120# of air would pick it up. I carry a little nitrogen tank with me( co2 Is fine to). Most of the time I only use it working at home so I don't mess with tank. It is handy, but I didn't want the added weight and such of a full frame, full body tilt.

Just a idea. Not saying its the best. Keeping a full cab floor and such would add a issue into the mix. Actually what I'm looking at doing now is how to put back together to meet ppl 3.0 smooth rules. We have changed the seating and stuff now and have a firewall back in different than those pictures. But still need cab floor I guess to really pass rules.
Thats a great idea making them two separate pieces like that. Theres a guy up this way with a super stock gas truck with the bed that slides back, kinda like a roll off sort of, and then the cab hinges like yours.

The full floor pan is going to be a little tricky. My plan was to build like a cockpit with a floor that stays on the frame, then build the body to drop down over top of it, using some aluminum plate or something mounted to the cab to cover up the gaps. Maybe even rubber weathersripping or something. Haven't decided if I am going to keep the firewall on the cab or maybe leave that as part of the "cockpit" as well. Not sure.

Lim pro rules say nothing about lift bodies, center steer, etc so with the way its going these days who knows what class we'll be in 5 years from now, so I want to do it once and not have to deal with it again.

Closed Thread