Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Dyno Forum
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dyno Forum Discuss Dyno Tuning, and Post those Graphs Here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 12:52 AM   #121
Ryan Tucker

Name: Ryan Tucker
Title: Do it Dont talk about it.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pipes View Post
You ever finish that Beetle street car you were building a while back? Sounded like it was going to be riot to blast around in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I did and it was a riot, glad I did it and went all the way with best of parts. Having said that I hope I never see another one, lol. Another odd build I marked off my lists. It ended up being 15:1, ran best on C116 with 52mm IDA carbs. I fabbed a manifold and ran a Methanol 850 4 bbl, all the fast bug guys said it wouldn't work, it does. It only made around 260hp to the ground which I thought was weak even for a 4 cyl with its displacement but compared to most others it was quite impressive. Mid 6s in the 1/8 but shifting a manual on the track sucks when your used to a Glide or 400 with a brake. With a Automatic and right convertor it woukd have maybe ran 5s??? Not sure but maybe. Wasn't that fun on the street to be honest. Monster cam and weak bottom end torque and a standard trans is not for me. If driven 'on the pipe' like a 2 stroke, it felt fast.
I had like 8500 in the engine doing all the work myself, good parts are high in any build. I was fortunate to recoup all my money in the build which is rare. Guy bought it hated it for a daily and tamed it way down, he ended up swimming the heads up for a pump gas 10:1, used the big 52 IDAs, put a little Scat cam in it and loves it. Still runs low 7s he says.
I'm a blown SBC guy on Alky. I like big torque. VW don't fall in to that category, lol

Old 05-25-2021, 03:44 AM   #122
mhuggler

Name: mhuggler
Title: One piece at a time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archnemesis View Post
Best part of buying factory fast shit..... you don't have to wrench on it when it breaks!

Speaking of......

I'll take delivery of my Silver Demon with 1400 miles this week and being I got it from the owner of a supercar collection I'll gladly be the first to pop it's cherry in every irrelevant way I know how when I crack the seal off the Demon crate. Even bought that extended Mopar bumper to bumper.... big pimpin style.

I work to much to worry about fixing shit I think is cool.

Buzz buzz muthafucka... buzz buzz

#dieselwasfuntilitdied
Not that I want to get sucked into the tit-for-tat, but this bothers me. Why is this person even here? This forum is for many different kinds of people with differing opinions, but we all have something in common: we would rather build it than buy it. Supercars are for Jay Leno and people with more money than brains.
2002 2500 4x4 ETH/DEE-F1 Mach 5's/62/65/12/Smarty/ATS Ex.manifold/AFE intake/TST Comp./.020 marine gasket/o-ringed/ARP studs/5"stacks/Airdog 150/Isspro guages/Southbend 3600 DD/3.54 gears/leveling kit/Bilstein 5100frt,5150rr/37" BFG A/T's on 18" Eagle 114's/Borgeson SS/DSS

Old 05-25-2021, 04:53 AM   #123
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuggler View Post
more money than brains.
Right there is your answer. He might be a nice guy to hang out with, don't know never met him. But every post he makes, in some way he says something about money. I mean good for him to be able to afford all that stuff. But I'd venture a guess he's got some deep seated issues and he's trying to pump himself up. I mean the go to "issue" is an obvious guess, fitness junkie, expensive vehicles, big house, and it's always just over the top with it. I'm not saying he's compensating for a micro penis, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Old 05-25-2021, 05:55 AM   #124
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuggler View Post
Why is this person even here?
That has been asked many times before.

Old 05-25-2021, 06:14 AM   #125
BigPapa

Name: BigPapa
Title: Truckless
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
I agree these organizations need to set some new safety standards for these events. Unfortunately I think it's going to take someone getting seriously injured before it happens but then its going to be to late and the lawsuits and sponsors are going to start rolling in the wrong directions.
Build a cage around the dyno and name it UCD, Ultimate Cage Dynoing.

2003 Avalanche Z71

Common sense is like deodorant. The people that need it most never use it.

Last edited by BigPapa; 05-25-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:13 AM   #126
Ram12vcummins

Name: Ram12vcummins
Member`s Gallery
I guess the people in the stands share some responsibility for sitting beside a truck that could explode...... the kid who shoved the most marbles up his nose, doesn’t live to have kids of his own.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:37 AM   #127
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram12vcummins View Post
I guess the people in the stands share some responsibility for sitting beside a truck that could explode...... the kid who shoved the most marbles up his nose, doesn’t live to have kids of his own.
I disgree. The folks in the stands are where they should be...in the stands. The video I saw of the piston was at the top of the stands. You can't blame anyone that far away. Just like everything...liability will kill it in the end. Need to add "flying pistons" to the liability waiver at the gate.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:53 AM   #128
Archnemesis

Name: Archnemesis
Title: Blackmega 2.0
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Right there is your answer. He might be a nice guy to hang out with, don't know never met him. But every post he makes, in some way he says something about money. I mean good for him to be able to afford all that stuff. But I'd venture a guess he's got some deep seated issues and he's trying to pump himself up. I mean the go to "issue" is an obvious guess, fitness junkie, expensive vehicles, big house, and it's always just over the top with it. I'm not saying he's compensating for a micro penis, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Keep in mind. Many of us have enjoyed the diesel game through it's heyday and did so while blowing up many things along the way. There's a time where you look at it and just choose to not build anymore yet enjoy it as a spectator. Oem performance gassers are a bitch with fuel and get maybe 9mpg, just so much less of a headache than high HP diesels.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:59 AM   #129
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Keep in mind. Many of us have enjoyed the diesel game through it's heyday and did so while blowing up many things along the way. There's a time where you look at it and just choose to not build anymore yet enjoy it as a spectator. Oem performance gassers are a bitch with fuel and get maybe 9mpg, just so much less of a headache than high HP diesels.
You sound like a spoiled bitch.

Old 05-25-2021, 09:25 AM   #130
J-Pipes

Name: J-Pipes
Member`s Gallery
I've seen it from the beginning, I went to high school less than 5 min from Enterprise Engine, used to live even closer at one point too. Guess if you want ti reference general diesel performance, not just trucks, I also grew up watching more than one local "farmer" win state and national championships in tractor pulling. But against, the rest of us have this opinion because we're new to the performance world, and just aren't as smart as the resident rich bitch. Doesn't change that 99% of your post reference how much money you have/have spent.
Just try to pretend to be humble for a change. Remember, no matter who you are, or what you've done, there's always someone bigger and badder and better. They may just choose to be humble and not push their case.
That's why so many people are such fans of the Hobbits, they have been at the top of the game for a while, but they're definitely not full of themselves. They don't talk about what they've spent or accomplished, it's usually about what they're trying to accomplish going forward, while helping others along the way.

Last edited by J-Pipes; 05-25-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Old 05-25-2021, 09:27 AM   #131
Phooker

Name: Phooker
Title: Gluten Free
Member`s Gallery
You guys have never heard the saying "don't feed the troll".

Old 05-25-2021, 09:43 AM   #132
Archnemesis

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinDuallie View Post
You sound like a spoiled bitch.
If spoiled means working your dick off to enjoy life.... sure am!

Quote:
I've seen it from the beginning, I went to high school less than 5 min from Enterprise Engine, used to live even closer at one point too. Guess if you want ti reference general diesel performance, not just trucks, I also grew up watching more than one local "farmer" win state and national championships in tractor pulling. But against, the rest of us have this opinion because we're new to the performance world, and just aren't as smart as the resident rich bitch. Doesn't change that 99% of your post reference how much money you have/have spent.
Just try to pretend to be humble for a change. Remember, no matter who you are, or what you've done, there's always someone bigger and badder and better. They may just choose to be humble and not push their case.
That's why so many people are such fans of the Hobbits, they have been at the top of the game for a while, but they're definitely not full of themselves. They don't talk about what they've spent or accomplished, it's usually about what they're trying to accomplish going forward, while helping others along the way.

I Don't remember posting anything saying I bought XYZ because I made xxxxxxx.....

Seems some interpreted something wrong, oh well. I won't loose sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phooker View Post
You guys have never heard the saying "don't feed the troll".
At least I made my intentions clear on my first post.

#bringcompdseobacktolife

Old 05-25-2021, 09:51 AM   #133
Phooker

Member`s Gallery
Quote:

At least I made my intentions clear on my first post.

#bringcompdseobacktolife
Maybe your antagonizing will get Jeff to the track this decade.

Old 05-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #134
Archnemesis

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Maybe your antagonizing will get Jeff to the track this decade.
I can't comment.....

Any reference I make will be immediately interpreted as I want to invest in a track..... and being it's in NJ.... I'll pass.

Is LA finally rebounding from all of last years shit show?

Old 05-25-2021, 10:24 AM   #135
Phooker

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I can't comment.....

Any reference I make will be immediately interpreted as I want to invest in a track..... and being it's in NJ.... I'll pass.

Is LA finally rebounding from all of last years shit show?
All we can do is cross our fingers, I joined 15 years ago when Jeff was in the meat and potatoes of the promod build.

We were doing good until the ice storm. Then all the stripped out houses froze the pipes and busted and flooded out again. All of the city water was out for almost a week because of busted pipes dropping pressure. We were getting lined out until last week when all of our storm drains forgot how to drain and we had deep water in most of the city. It's truly amazing to me how few people actually have flood insurance around here. Mine is less than 500 bucks a year....

Old 05-25-2021, 11:12 AM   #136
Archnemesis

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
All we can do is cross our fingers, I joined 15 years ago when Jeff was in the meat and potatoes of the promod build.

We were doing good until the ice storm. Then all the stripped out houses froze the pipes and busted and flooded out again. All of the city water was out for almost a week because of busted pipes dropping pressure. We were getting lined out until last week when all of our storm drains forgot how to drain and we had deep water in most of the city. It's truly amazing to me how few people actually have flood insurance around here. Mine is less than 500 bucks a year....
Damn! That's horrible. It still blows my mind how ravaged that are was and how terribly abandoned it was for support or resources. Prime example of the white liberal media double standard since it wasn't impacting their cocktail hr.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:14 AM   #137
Phooker

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Damn! That's horrible. It still blows my mind how ravaged that are was and how terribly abandoned it was for support or resources. Prime example of the white liberal media double standard since it wasn't impacting their cocktail hr.
Yea man, we're not New Orleans, we're a town that actually adds value to the state, so we won't get the coverage that any place else would. We didn't vote the "right" way either.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:11 PM   #138
Red Sleeper

Name: Red Sleeper
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yea man, we're not New Orleans, we're a town that actually adds value to the state, so we won't get the coverage that any place else would. We didn't vote the "right" way either.

I visit the Ville Plate area often. Went there a couple months after Laura last year. WOW.

Looked like Rockport, TX after Harvey.

Few of my customers/friends south of 10 took it right on the chin.

Honestly, Texas lucked out last year.
'91 Cummins w350 5spd

Old 05-25-2021, 07:49 PM   #139
Archnemesis

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sleeper View Post
I visit the Ville Plate area often. Went there a couple months after Laura last year. WOW.

Looked like Rockport, TX after Harvey.

Few of my customers/friends south of 10 took it right on the chin.

Honestly, Texas lucked out last year.
Yep. The sad part is the insurance companies were grateful it was in LA and not Texas. Then the freeze happened.... and it set the new record for largest loss for the state of Texas. Blew Harvey out of the water with total value of all losses combined.

The fucked part was I handed some green adjusters their ass in East Texas that came in thinking we were local. Then they realized we from the Houston game and weren't putting up with their dumb shit. One was a supervisor with USAA from Dallas training a Newby from the valley.... or ways to deny a claim.....

Literally witnessed them try to replace a roof in fractions per slope... 1/3 on this one, 1/2 here, 1/4 there....

Then my favorite....

"Ma'am your fence was blown over because the nails were rusty".... insurance won't be able to cover this.

I got in that dudes head so bad it was like strumming a harp....

I can't even begin to tell you how many inexperienced contractors I saw that were getting the homeowners fucked over by the carriers since they didn't understand the game of insurance.

Then factor in public adjusters and insurance lawyers who literally suck the life out of a homeowners claim taking 40-50% from the value sometimes leaving the people with pennies on the dollar.

The whole system out there was exceptionally fucked and a as much as I enjoyed being able to help the 47 customers I had out there it got to the point we just had to turn customers away.

Last edited by Archnemesis; 05-25-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:20 PM   #140
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Yep. The sad part is the insurance companies were grateful it was in LA and not Texas. Then the freeze happened.... and it set the new record for largest loss for the state of Texas. Blew Harvey out of the water with total value of all losses combined.

The fucked part was I handed some green adjusters their ass in East Texas that came in thinking we were local. Then they realized we from the Houston game and weren't putting up with their dumb shit. One was a supervisor with USAA from Dallas training a Newby from the valley.... or ways to deny a claim.....

Literally witnessed them try to replace a roof in fractions per slope... 1/3 on this one, 1/2 here, 1/4 there....

Then my favorite....

"Ma'am your fence was blown over because the nails were rusty".... insurance won't be able to cover this.

I got in that dudes head so bad it was like strumming a harp....

I can't even begin to tell you how many inexperienced contractors I saw that were getting the homeowners fucked over by the carriers since they didn't understand the game of insurance.

Then factor in public adjusters and insurance lawyers who literally suck the life out of a homeowners claim taking 40-50% from the value sometimes leaving the people with pennies on the dollar.

The whole system out there was exceptionally fucked and a as much as I enjoyed being able to help the 47 customers I had out there it got to the point we just had to turn customers away.
Attached Images
File Type: gif 5tSktqD.gif (1.23 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by RacinDuallie; 05-25-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Closed Thread