Free Diesel Support

BDPowerDave

BD-Power Rep.
BD is proud to support the Competition Diesel Forum, we are here to support all your diesel needs, answer questions and offer friendly advice. Please feel free to contact us by posting in our sponsor page, private messaging us or simply click the link below for quick one-on-one advice.

Hey been looking at the BD 2-Piece Pulse Exhaust Manifold for my truck whats the increase on HP and torque for the install of that manifold?

Hey been looking at the BD 2-Piece Pulse Exhaust Manifold for my truck whats the increase on HP and torque for the install of that manifold?

The 2 piece manifold was designed as a alternative to the 1 piece OE manifolds that are prone to cracking. The main intention was reliability there are some flow gains to be had but it would be dishonest to tell you I knew exactly how much or try to claim 25-50hp increases.

On the factory manifold cylinders 4 & 5 share the same port, on the BD 2 piece manifold cylinders 4 & 5 get dedicated ports so naturally there are flow benefits but I have not seen any tested results. They offer increased reliability, "undetermined" increased flow and great pre-tapped ports for an EGT gauge.

Hope that helps
Dave

The 2 piece manifold was designed as a alternative to the 1 piece OE manifolds that are prone to cracking. The main intention was reliability there are some flow gains to be had but it would be dishonest to tell you I knew exactly how much or try to claim 25-50hp increases.

On the factory manifold cylinders 4 & 5 share the same port, on the BD 2 piece manifold cylinders 4 & 5 get dedicated ports so naturally there are flow benefits but I have not seen any tested results. They offer increased reliability, "undetermined" increased flow and great pre-tapped ports for an EGT gauge.

Hope that helps
Dave

Thanks for the info ill def be looking into it :)

Quick update on the EFR turbos. We should be getting some stock in about 4-5 weeks. BW is really having a tough time keeping up with production on these units. They sure look cool...

Quick update on the EFR turbos. We should be getting some stock in about 4-5 weeks. BW is really having a tough time keeping up with production on these units. They sure look cool...

Since the EFR was designed for gassers what changes need to be made for Diesel applications, larger turbine housing perhaps?

Since the EFR was designed for gassers what changes need to be made for Diesel applications, larger turbine housing perhaps?

They have a few that are direct bolt on for the diesel application. Yes the primary application of the EFR line is directed towards gas applications, but they did keep us in mind with a few of them.:cheer:

i been looking at the bd dual cp3 kit. have not seen many people with it can you tell me if you guys have had any problems and is their any parts that make yous better?

Back