Lock up switch help

STROKETHISF350

Attempting to get my lock up switch to work, I've got a switch with one post to ground the other to the yellow with light blue tracer at the transmission with a 33 ohm resistor in line , I have no ground coming thru the resistor for some reason so it won't lock up with the switch and when I remove the resistor I get a delayed lock up then it unlocks and goes into limp mode any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do 48re's need a resistor?
On my 47re I just tied in a ground on a switch. I later made it with a relay because it would lock-up quicker (assuming the ground was kind of crappy with thin wire running all the way through a switch in my dash, then grounding).

yes they do! Google the schematic pretty simple! Double check you have the right wire.
It's just a to ground switch the resistor keeps it from going into limp mode!

4fe1bb5c.jpg

d9a2db07.jpg

78982ac0.jpg

1a2cd035.jpg

Stupid question guys, are resistors directional? I tried mind both ways with am the same result

Should I see a ground on the transmission side through the resistor, I'm using a power probe but with the resistor in line I get no signal at all

Okay got the switch issue fixed I grabbed the wrong resistor from radio shack. Took the truck for a drive and can't get the converter to lock past 25% throttle and also under light throttle its delayed

It's been awhile, but I thought i remember having to pull a relay and jump it on my 04. Is this still valid on an 06?

It's been awhile, but I thought i remember having to pull a relay and jump it on my 04. Is this still valid on an 06?

Not that I'm aware of, did you have the same problem ? I'm kind of confused why it won't lock up unless I'm at light throttle

If you hit the switch under1500 rpm you will kill the engine. the engine will not light the turbo and you cannot accelerate. I only use my switch after 2000rpm. If I forget its on the engine will start to die stutter when coming to a stop! Then Ihit the switch off and say damnit! If you hit the switch at light throttle it should run like crap and then die when you stop. If you can hit the switch and nothing happens then one of two things: You have a bad ground OR a bad TQ.

Back