Entry level/budget nitrous setup

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I'd like to be able to knock .5 - 1.0 second or So off a high 12 second 1/4 mile time. The truck is 6000 lbs with me in it.

Silver 64/74/14

5x.016s

7mm dv's

180 pump at 19*

Stock stall speed triple disk

Retorqued head bolts.

I've been looking on eBay for a fogger nozzle and also a cheater solenoid but I'm seeing a lot of the power shot solenoids and Edelbrock performer solenoids. Would the smaller solenoids be able to flow enough ?

When it pops I'll get it re surfaced, possibly some port work and put some 425s or new bolts in it. There may be a shop in state that o rings heads.

Last edited:
What does it run now? Seems to me it should be in the low 12s or high 11s already with what you have now.

I probably won't make it to the track this year. It's open from May- Labor Day. The track is a 4 hour drive from me otherwise I'd be there a lot more. Ive been working 7/12s all summer (I'm in construction ) so that conflicts also. I'll do more research and probably buy a cheater solenoid. I keep finding the smaller ones for dirt cheap and since I'm running 5x.016s and 7mms I thought I might be able to get what I was looking for with a smaller solenoid.

Smaller solenoids should work. If you buy them used, I would get a rebuild kit for them. The seals tend to go bad if not used regularly.

Don't know what kind of budget you have but you can get a new Nitrous Express kit for about $600-$700.

I'll keep that in mind . I'm not trying to be super cheap I just noticed there were some decent looking used kits on eBay

Back