Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Now be sure to drive well below the posted limit and remove all the chains. I've been noticing lately skid loaders don't need chains so I doubt a log skidder would.

They probably don't have a "no money down and zero percent interest" deal on chains and binders.

I have to vent, to anyone hauling stuff on a trailer behind your pickup. If you have to drive 35-40mph or less on a state highway so whatever your hauling doesn’t fall off your trailer try strapping your load down.

If we can keep these dominos on the trailer at 70mph on Michigan roads you can certainly secure your chit!
7f7019c57ed6d4e3cb628be398d192e5.jpg

Seems I get behind a new ahole every day. I’ve got a stack of skidded coils on the front of my trailer wrapped in slick paper and dripping oil, guess i should take the chains off and drive 10mph.
Man, I’m with you on this. I spend a decent amount of time moving equipment, lumber, and all sorts of random stuff for chicken houses. I do all the CDL work for my brothers company.
The guys I work with harass me about being OCD about securing stuff. I tell them you will never be sorry for “over securing” something, but have it under secured and the least that can happen is you get a ticket and the worst is some one could get killed.
I get amazed at stuff people considered secured on almost a daily basis. If I were a DOT officer that’d probably be the #1 thing I’d focus on.
I wish people would realize the 1 chain on the front, and 1 on the rear (and that’s more than some people use) is NOT a secure piece of equipment! If either one comes loose that thing can move the full arc of the other chain.
I tell the guys, a minimum of 4 attachment points on a piece of equipment, and each attachment point is good ONLY if the other 3 will stay tight if one comes loose.
I could go on and on on this subject........

Last edited:
I get looked at all the time for how many chains and binders I use on loads. Going to the tractor shows I always make sure that every tractor has 4 tie down points, it is a maze of chains on the trailer, but I never have to worry about one coming loose or getting into another tractor. When you stack a trailer full of narrow front tractors, they can be as close as two inches to each other.

Did you get behind this ahole?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6RXLO_1g7w"]State Police stop overloaded truck on I-91 in Springfield - YouTube[/ame]

I get looked at all the time for how many chains and binders I use on loads. Going to the tractor shows I always make sure that every tractor has 4 tie down points, it is a maze of chains on the trailer, but I never have to worry about one coming loose or getting into another tractor. When you stack a trailer full of narrow front tractors, they can be as close as two inches to each other.

Haha, I'm somewhere in between the guy with no chains and 4 points per tractor.

We've learned how to maximize our chain usage over the last 45 years, and have some of it down to a science. Our best loads are 7 wide front tractors (Allis 185 and 190's) on a 45' trailer back when dad used to "piggy back" them...and a few years back leaving a show we had 11 smaller ones on our 53' sliding axle. The back one was on sideways.

We had 73 units at that show and were ready to be done trucking. I need to find some pictures of those old loads.
Chris

Back