Autometer Tach Adapter and 5k Tach

FST_DSL

Is anyone running the Autometer tach adapter and 5k tach?

I have Autometer gauges on my Common Rail and love them plan on doing some on the first gen, want the tach to match.

Thanks

The tach and the crank pickup in their kit works perfect.
Other than in the instructions they say to cut notches in the balancer, or run raised 1/8" tabs.

Don't waist your time trying the notch way.

I tack welded keyway flats on mine and it reads clean and accurate all the way to 5k.

My autometer 5k tach uses their diesel tach adapter to read off the alternator. I also run a seperate magnetic crank tach pickup for my data logger.

What kind of crank adapter?

My alternator tach got flaky after 10+ years and I'm trying to kludge sort of "timing advance" channel onto my datalogger. So I'm looking for a crank position sensor.

What kind of crank adapter?

My alternator tach got flaky after 10+ years and I'm trying to kludge sort of "timing advance" channel onto my datalogger. So I'm looking for a crank position sensor.

I have an RPM performance logger, it just uses a magnet on the balancer and a magnetic pickup. Use the same thing for logging driveshaft rpm. Neither are hooked to a tach I can see, they just go to the logger. The autometer 5k tach I shift off of gets its signal from the alternator via an autometer diesel tach adapter.

Back