Newby questions

smokinVE

$$+VE=NO HP
Anyone running the CTs monitors on their early OBD2 trucks with success? Also can I run more that one expansion buss on them? Wouldn’t mind having ETG Boost and IAC temps which isn’t in the factory EMC on this dinosaur.

Messing with a 1996 automatic if that matters?

I don’t want a big ol line of gauges on my dash or pillar, and the CTS looks like it would fit where the busted up cup holder used to be.

I also have an old IQ3 racepak dash I could use if anyone has any idea if I can get the ECM to give it data and add on the “important” diesel stuff.

Not building anything special but a daily driver however I like to adapt new junk with old stuff when I can.

i have one in my my 07...the eas is easy...one wire into the cab,,the rest just plug in outside in a stack style..they work grea..mine has egt..turbo timer on them both..ya can add any of the acc systems whenever ya want and just reconfigure the display...its cool

it is small tho

This would be awesome. No more crowded wiring going through the firewall. OP, keep us updated PLEASE.

Very slick little unit! I’m not looking to replace my cluster though. I also fear that in the sun that would be hard to see. I have a Holley pro dash in another truck and it gets washed out pretty bad when the sun is just right. Yes I’m aware the CTS will do the same but the factory Custer is still operational and I can see speed easy.

I’m also worried that all these companies are saying OBD2 but 1998 and up. Guessing they are saying that for the VP truck which I think have MAP sensors? I have some data when I look at the ECM with one of my Snapon scanners in my 96, so I took the gamble and ordered a CTS3 with the expansion pack that has EGT, 0-100 pressure sensor and a -40~ 300° Temperature sensor. If it works out I’ll add more temp and pressure sensors. Also looks like I can use it to data log. Looks like they have all kinds of junk you can add on, I’ll mess with it and see how it does and report back.

Guess I’ll watch IAT first, truck is totally stock but I’m going to put a AFE IC in it with their pipes. Suppose that would be a neat thing to mess with. The drivers side pipe has two bungs in it, I can toss the pipe one with the factory IC and check pressure and temps before I change out the IC. I also got some other junk to toss at it so maybe I can justify the price of that thing as a “tool”

Thanks all

What do these hogs weigh in factory form? 1996 4x4 extra cab long bed, this thing wants to know truck weight and tire size for some reason.

Waiting on Holley to make up their mind on what they are gonna do but looks like this idea was a bust. One tech says they maybe able to write me a file that’ll work with these dinosaurs ECM’s, another says it’ll never work. I told them to decide what they wanna do and I’m game either way. I’d think they could do something given that I can see some data with my Snapon scanner but who knows if they wanna waste their time for just me.

Soooo I may have a band new CTS3 with the “data” pack up for sale here real soon. :p

Or or or, I’ll keep it on the shelf and wait like 10 years to when I graduate to a VP truck sense it only took me all these years to step into one of these fancy P7100 trucks :)

On a side note/question, does the RE trans temp sensor do anything? I can see it in the schematic and I have a PID/data on my scanner but always says -84 no matter what. Possibly something I need to think too much about or throw parts at for no reason while I wait for Holley.

This turned out to be a waste of time and money, very cool product and interface but it doesn’t like old ECM’s. Rumor has it the CTS2 will let you use the added sensors without a ECM protocol but I’m not gonna try or do it. Some of the Holley guys wanted to work it out, the cool kids didn’t.

Oh well guess that gives me a reason to buy a VP truck some day.

Thanks for all that were keeping up with it and helping.

7ddf6a3e6958edca5156d3607299c8c8.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg
IMG_4330.jpg
This thingy supposed to look like that? Also my Poor little VE freak pump my son and I are tossing together for his truck ain’t too happy about sharing bench space with this fancy new technology…. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back