Question on 6.7 Cummins Connector Rods

gsdog1

Professional Novice
Been awhile!

I've searched the site, and web in general, looking for any information regarding connecting rods in a relatively high horse application.

I'll put together a different post on the build later. At this point, goals include putting 1,200 hp to the ground on fuel no adders. I have, and continue to have, Carrillo connecting rods on order. However there's no light at the end of the tunnel with regards to actually getting my paws on them.

In looking for alternatives, I've spoken with tech reps at Schied, and their rods would fit the bill structurally. I'm familiar with the Haisley's, but haven't spoken with them directly yet. And the other product I see in searches is from Wagner. No experience with them at all.

If it's you, your truck, your dough, and you want to plant 1,200 ish to the ground, all else equal, who's rods you going with?

Open ended question for sure. No sled pulling involved, no serious competition at the 1/4 mile track, on DF2.

Any thoughts or information appreciated especially from those of you who have "been there done that" experience.

Thanks in advance!

gsdog1

No direct experience with them but they seem like a reputable company. Many have gone with the fully machined billet rods out there but they're not needed most of the time. I would just go with the cheapest rods you can get and I know these ones are good but not poor quality.

Apex. I know plenty of sets out there and Dustin seems to have his stuff together on them.

I'll check them out too.

See in your sig you are running a G56 towing rig. if you don't mind, what kind of power and what have you done to transmission?

I'll check them out too.

See in your sig you are running a G56 towing rig. if you don't mind, what kind of power and what have you done to transmission?

Transmission was all stock and I never had any issues with it, but I also babied it. Truck was probably 450hp, so it wasn’t anything crazy.

I don’t have the g56 anymore, swapped it for a built auto with an anteater last year.

At 1200HP any aftermarket billet rod will do the trick. Neither Scheid or Haisley build their own rods. The names mentioned above will all do just fine. APEX, D&J, Wagler, Carillo...etc.

At 1200HP any aftermarket billet rod will do the trick. Neither Scheid or Haisley build their own rods. The names mentioned above will all do just fine. APEX, D&J, Wagler, Carillo...etc.

Thanks, makes sense really.

gsdog1

Not sure what your other plans are but D&J has a long block for sale that's perfect for about 1200HP. Comes with a stage 1 head, cam, and a solid bottom end...etc. I think they are asking $13500 with exchange but might be able to do a little negotiation.

Not sure what your other plans are but D&J has a long block for sale that's perfect for about 1200HP. Comes with a stage 1 head, cam, and a solid bottom end...etc. I think they are asking $13500 with exchange but might be able to do a little negotiation.

Unfortunately the train's left the station as it were. Getting this rod question nailed down is the final piece to the puzzle and I'm going to run with DJ rods. Amazing work of art meets craftsmanship. :clap:

Thanks for everyone's quick input here, great stuff!!

gsdog1

Connecting rods from DJ arrived today!

Huge thanks to member Pushlar84 for the recommendation and helping me get my paws on this babies.

Attachments

• 37185A72-6980-4140-ACF4-71BF4D0669D8.jpeg
    37185A72-6980-4140-ACF4-71BF4D0669D8.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 0
  • BA167FFA-AFE2-4CF1-AF4B-3B9467B10EBB.jpeg
    BA167FFA-AFE2-4CF1-AF4B-3B9467B10EBB.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 0
Back