659rwhp on #2 Only, LLY Duramax!

McRat

Casper is a 2005 2500HD GMC LLY Duramax/Allison with 9,000mi
The engine is untouched (OEM head studs, internally stock, stock injectors, and CP3).

We have the standard "minor mods", such as exhaust, intake, EGR delete, etc.

We put on 3 major power adders: High Tech "McRat" Charger, PPE Dual CP3 System (LLY secondary CP3), and McRat EFILive Tuning.

Dyno was done at Westech in Mira Loma California at a SuperFlo Chassis dyno. STP correction was used. Dyno was a ~6 second sweep from 80mph to 115mph to emulate dragstrip conditions.

We made 659rwhp peak and 1315TQ. Actual torque is higher, but for drag racing we do not care what occurs under 2500rpm, as the engine does not operate in that area for more than .2 seconds.

I cannot "scan" this into an image right now, as my scanner just makes PDF's. You must have Adobe Reader loaded to view it. Performance past 3300rpm and below 2500rpm will be tested shortly running our sled pulling tuning.

http://dieseldrags.com/diesel/2CP3v3-Casper.PDF

Was this dyno'd like everyone does? No. I dyno for my own information and tuning purposes. But there is little doubt there is a bunch of HP. We do not claim to be making more or less power than other combos.

We do not know if this much HP is "safe" on a 100% stock engine. It has 10 quarter mile passes, several dyno pulls, and street flogging/datalogging. We certainly do not recommend adding nitrous, propane, or water/meth to this combo.

650HP "McRat" Kits are being priced this week. This will include a charger kit, dual CP3's, and McRat 2CP3 Tuning.

SO basically you are saying you have some bolt ons and are getting this much power????

Not even injectors???

You and Kat seem honest and dependable but I am the doubting kind here on this.

Sorry if I seem to be harsh, AND I AM NOT CALLING you a liar....it just seems toooooooo good to be true.

Slaughterhouse said:
SO basically you are saying you have some bolt ons and are getting this much power????

Not even injectors???

Sorry if I seem to be harsh, AND I AM NOT CALLING you a liar....it just seems toooooooo good to be true.

Blue is making 500 rwhp. So with the turbo and the dual CP3's he picked up the rest. I might be adding Dual CP3's to Blue this week, if so we will dyno Blue again to see how much is to be gained on OEM VVT :cool:

Really it's because it a GMC
froglik.gif

Slaughterhouse said:

Not even injectors???

Nobody was more surprised than me. I made them do the first pull again and checked out the settings. But then again, the 1/4mi results calculated out about the same as the dyno showed.

Me and Kat were one of the first owners to try and make an LLY "fast". We were told it could be not be done (by the "experts").

Along the way, we have always posted honest test results for everything we tested. Even when it made me look stupid! :D

This truck has all eight original injectors, the original CP3, nothing "trick" except the charger, Dual Fueler, and my own tuning. Yes, it has the usual "support mods" that everyone runs, but the real power is coming from those three ingredients.

And we are not done yet. ;)

Slaughterhouse said:
Can you explain the McRat charger?

It's made by High Tech Turbo out of Utah and I went through several charger swaps until we found the one we like. Lots of busted knuckles! :D

Stock or modified? With the right CP3 it might be possible. Modded single CP3 and A5K made a solid 620 on the Superflow so picking up 30 does not seem too unreasonable IMHO.

Bobo said:
Do you think this is possible with a single cp3?

Apparently yes. "Nasty Girl" is running a single CP3 IIRC and is running similiar HP.

But there is not a "simplier" way to get over 600HP yet. CP3 swaps are a BEETCH. Throwing another on is much easier and more effective.

Nice work PAT , You do love the LLY , and it shows. I hope to get to the 550 + with this new charger and some new tuning. I have the MITUSA and it seems to be holding rail well . If it is a weak link I may do some cp3 work or go duals .

Outstanding, simply Outstanding #'s

Kudo's to McRat Racing, keep up the great work...and keep us posted :evil

joefarmer said:
Would you consider your 'charger tow-able?

Congrats!
brandon.

Absolutely. This is a "street" setup. Cooler EGT's, good spool response.

But you would probably want to run a bit milder tuning for towing. Perhaps detune it to 400rwhp for towing.

New numbers yesterday with a different version of the same charger:

674.6rwhp, 1378ftlb. But alot more area under the curve. 650+HP at 3400.

Back