550hp - 600hp recipe

95cummins5.9

Old man ***** gossiper
Post them up. The truck is a auto, want to stay with a single turbo, truck will never tow anything. Does get daily driven. New to common rail. Thanks.

Deep down I just want to go ahead and 2nd gen swap the truck. No n2o.. can't have 90s mustang's passing me up.

stock turbo, 150 hp injectors.
I dynod 450 stock sticks
Friend dynoed 550 with industrial injection 150s
Both stock turbo, both tuned with Coopers Customs solutions
Same dyno same day

Well whatever tune is in mine is a smokey mess on the top end, and feels nowhere near 450hp right now.. I dont want to find out how hard I can push the stock turbo either.

If you have a setup with plenty of air, stock injectors and cp3 are doable. But I'd suggest getting some 100% overs for room to grow. Modded stock turbos are pretty popular with the Firepunk crew

Yeah actually on a 6.7 the 87/82 turbine is probably the way to go.

Not for his power goal... you could make around 600 with a trans, tuning and an s400 and 750ish on a 467/ 83 .90 with some other supporting mods.

Anyone done a real lag test? I'd bet money the 87 turbine would spool the same or quicker on a 6.7L

Anyone done a real lag test? I'd bet money the 87 turbine would spool the same or quicker on a 6.7L

Not back to back with same compressor, but we have installed a lightened 72/87 and a box 467.7 /83 and the 72 had a good bit more lag.....

Room to grow sounds best. I ordered some valve springs, once the trans goes, I will probably just 48re swap the thing, may stick a good converter in the 68 and see how long I can get it to last also.

Personally I like the silver bullet s366 and some tuning...maybe a lift pump. You should be 500+. My s366 has had 75K miles, several dyno pulls, 50+ sled pulls, 15+ drag races and zero problems. ~800 RWHP.

Add injectors and CP3 later to get all the way to 800+ if you wanted.

Back