1 air, 1 water?

Why not just use that as an area for a kick-ass nitrous solenoid/controller set-up? :poke: :D

It'd last a little longer and make a lot mo powah.

since the awic is going after the aaic i think the ice will last a lot longer than you might think, still not long but 100* air won't melt it near as fast as 500* air. I think you would see a big jump on your dyno runs as the poor airflow across your helman ic would really hinder its performance making the ice your main cooler. I would guess the ice would melt a lot faster on a dyno than in an on road situation.

I am a big proponant of trying out your own ideas, it is very fun to see if what you dream up yourself works, i am excited to hear the results.

It does take a LOT of ice to cool the amount of hot air that these engines go through.

But as long as you make it look cool (and I know you will), who cares? Besides think out of the box... Dry ice! Then you could vent the CO2 to power the keg in the back. Nobody likes flat beer...

Paul

It does take a LOT of ice to cool the amount of hot air that these engines go through.

But as long as you make it look cool (and I know you will), who cares? Besides think out of the box... Dry ice! Then you could vent the CO2 to power the keg in the back. Nobody likes flat beer...

Paul

see, this is

"Bringing the BEST Together".

Rock tha **** on, brotha

I think it would improve what the truck can do. Verify intake temp and do a before and after. Also I think it your going through the time to do it, why not plum in a pump and go all out

There is some local guys here that had a truck at our dyno event. It was an older man's grocery getter, and it had air/air cooler, then a water/icebox in thhe bed for the water to air cooler. His intake pipe was frosty after the dyno run. Iirc, it was a ford/cummins, twin cp3, compounds, etc etc. I don't recall how much power it made. But I do know it was a daily driver, and I'm sure the driver didn't keep ice in the box ALL the time.

Eisenhart diesel. Or something like that is the name of the business. Maybe you want to call them and find out specifics?

I did the same 3 years ago using a Spearco and biggest a/w I could fit on the driver side. Spearco gets it down to close to ambient temps and then Ice water in the a/w gets it down real low. It uses less ice that way and get the intake temps really low. I can round up some pics if ya want.

There is some local guys here that had a truck at our dyno event. It was an older man's grocery getter, and it had air/air cooler, then a water/icebox in thhe bed for the water to air cooler. His intake pipe was frosty after the dyno run. Iirc, it was a ford/cummins, twin cp3, compounds, etc etc. I don't recall how much power it made. But I do know it was a daily driver, and I'm sure the driver didn't keep ice in the box ALL the time.

Eisenhart diesel. Or something like that is the name of the business. Maybe you want to call them and find out specifics?

It made low 500's cause the secondary wastegate was opening before the primary was spooled. But Dockboy was giving them w/g advice so I'd bet it runs better now.

i had a air to water after the air to air on the puller did use a bunch of ice on a long pull on the dyno air intake temps were 110 .

The air to air intercoolers do a pretty good job, I think where it would make the most difference is in the "bling" factor....unless you used a fake core or tank and instead hid a small nitrous bottle and solenoid in there :Cheer:

Tig up a nice box that has this puppy in it. Fill with ice when needed and drain when done.

Pre-Intercooler Cooling Pipe - 3.0" | eBay

pre_intercooler_pipe_picture.jpg

Call it the caged porcupine AWC.

Back