07.5 having start & die issues

You have one dead as shit battery tied directly into your one good battery. Fucking it all up

I understand what you’re saying, but if the truck will start on one battery and the TIPM, ECM, ETC is all on the drivers side I just don’t get why it won’t run/start correctly?

Never claimed to be good with electrical. Lol

I understand what you’re saying, but if the truck will start on one battery and the TIPM, ECM, ETC is all on the drivers side I just don’t get why it won’t run/start correctly?

Never claimed to be good with electrical. Lol

Parasitic draw is a cool phrase.

I believe the extra strain on the alternator/ECM caused by a needy battery is what you're dealing with. I'm no electrician. Unfortunately, the gear head in me has been forced to lean on the old multimeter so much in the past few decades, I'm actually beginning to feel more like an electrician than a grease monkey.

I suggest replacing both batteries and the crossover cable.

From what I understand, the alternator is directly connected to the RH battery and battery level is sensed from the LH battery. With a bad crossover cable the batteries are basically standing alone. The alternator is trying to charge the LH battery through the RH battery that’s not connected to the other.

Last edited:
I suggest replacing both batteries and the crossover cable.

From what I understand, the alternator is directly connected to the RH battery and battery level is sensed from the LH battery. With a bad crossover cable the batteries are basically standing alone. The alternator is trying to charge the LH battery through the RH battery that’s not connected to the other.

I’m so pissed off at this crap.

Got passenger side battery warrantied today put it in, and it immediately does the same thing starts and dies. Start again and it’s fine. Drive 1/2 mile down the road stop go in grab something and it takes 7-8 attempts of starting to stay running. :bang

Had a CEL at that point came home scanned it and it was a P0562 System Low Voltage

I checked voltage at the passenger side battery last night, and on the end of the crossover cable separated on the drivers side and it was the same no drop. It’s a homemade cable also. Going to call and get the other warrantied tomorrow he brought two out to the truck and my mouth reacted before my brain and told him I only needed the one. Where did you get a new crossover cable Scott?

Last edited:
I made it. I went to the mil spec terminals so I had to put eyes on the cables. When I cut the end off the crossover cable it was corroded 3”-4” under the insulation, so I pitched it and made a new one.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 71C11C9C-0F0D-45D0-8AFC-9DAB2DDCF1D6.jpeg
    71C11C9C-0F0D-45D0-8AFC-9DAB2DDCF1D6.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 0
Drove the truck to work yesterday took two attempt's to start and stay running both when I left with my kids in the morning, also when I left work yesterday afternoon.

Went by got my other battery warrantied out cleared codes in the parking lot, made one other stop and came home. Intentionally cut the truck on and off a few times once I got home no other problems and no low voltage code.

Back