How do Hots and Farm Stocks

sootfoot

IH Nut
Run in the same class? One should walk all over the other. I ask because I am really looking for a 1466 to compete in the Farm Stock but from what I see most of the places around here run them in the same class as "Hots" I don't really wanna be the last in the pull.

Unless they run them together but break them down within the class?

I think some people have- Farm Stock>>>Pro Field>>>Pro Farm>>>Hot Farm

For Tractor ??? go to pulloff.com

Farm stock where I pull is 15% over stock measured on a dyno and the classes are by hp and weight (120hp, 12,000lbs. class) for example and so on. Then there are a few that will swap the turbo and crank the fuel and run hot stock or hot farm after the farm stock classes.

Biggest difference we see down here between farm stock and Pro field is Pro field you can remove your lift and hyds ect. 3000rpm. Must run some type of roll bar.
Had a bunch of Pro field guys drop down in the farm stock class, so we voted in a 12mph speed limit on Farm stock this year, Keeps the Hot guys out of road gear. They dont like that rule... :umno:

Lynn

rules vary depending on the location your pulling in. Most class are set so its hard for a bigger tractor to drop down but the smaller ones can move up. Classes are set off of pumps, turbos, safety equip. and how far the tractor is stripped. pulloff.com like the others said is the best place for tractor info.

for thoughts on pulling safety stuff go to pulloff.com and look up wooster flywheel. If you are going to have a puller make it a puller not multi use, put a steel flywheel, tiebars, scatter blanket, roll cage, and kill switch. You only have one life as do your fans, family, and freinds that come to watch you. Safety first, I would love to have my tractor done this year but it wont be because of makeing/ buying all the safety equipment but it will be worth it in the end. Just some things to think about as you are building a puller. Thanks Paul

Back