Which Event on the 2020 Season...

Nootch

nosprkreqrd
I am making a plan to attend one proper pull this year in the US. The market up here is small and nothing like i remembered when i was growing up. If I were to make one event this year, what one would you recommend?

I want to have an event with the heavy hitter classes, but also be closer to the action and not in some far off bleachers. Indoor or out doesn't matter.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Rockwell, IA

Session One: Thursday, 7 p.m.
MOD, SF, SSD 4x4, TWD, LIM PS (R5)

Session Two: Friday, 7 p.m.
FWD, MINI, PS, SEMI, SSD, UNL

Session Three: Saturday, 1 p.m.
FWD, MOD, SF, SSD 4x4

Session Four: Saturday, 7 p.m.
MINI, PS, SEMI, SSD, TWD, UNL

I'm Rockwell, Tomah, Hillsboro. I like them all.

Then You have the Big One's Bowling Green, OH and Scheid's in Lyon's IN this Year.

Sponsoring Two Trucks this Year Hopefully the $$$$ makes it the entire Season.

I'm Rockwell, Tomah, Hillsboro. I like them all.

Then You have the Big One's Bowling Green, OH and Scheid's in Lyon's IN this Year.

Sponsoring Two Trucks this Year Hopefully the $$$$ makes it the entire Season.

I'd be more worried about the DMax making it all year Todd. LOL :stab:

JK

And Hillsboro is also a great choice. BG and Scheid are more expensive and the stands are further away compared to Hillsboro and Rockwell.

Last edited:
YEP, it should have been freshen Up that's for Sure, But differences that were NOT corrected until recently have Not allowed for that to happen, I do have 2 More D-Max engines ready to Go in short Order.

I also have some Bad News, My Partner At No limit Mfg, Eric's Dad Died Friday, Mark Staab.

I would second Rockwell and Hillsboro. Only pulls I went to last year, minus two local hooks, after years of attending as many big pulls (or simply where ever the super stocks were) big races or places where you could attend both. I’ve narrowed it down to these two. Why these two? You can see a good mix of ntpa and ppl at each. The grounds are both fantastic, the show is phenomenal and should satisfy any pullers expectations (even if Rockwell let’s the 4.1s go 400’).

Let's re visit this with the current schedules lol
What "destination" pulls are still on??
I would love to hit a 3.0, 3.6, SS hook with a few compD guys

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Let's re visit this with the current schedules lol
What "destination" pulls are still on??
I would love to hit a 3.0, 3.6, SS hook with a few compD guys

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think Watson Diesel in Marshall, MI (31 July-01 Aug) and Scheid in Lyon, IN (28-29 August) might be the only ones left with all three classes in one place.

However I still think Rockwell is the best choice which was moved to 6-8 August.

Farley, IA (Aug 14-15) is another great hook to consider. Simons put on great events

Last edited:
Burlington motorpark in PA has 3.0 LPSD pulls, and 3.6 PS diesel hooks. Depending on the night there can a be quite a few of each class. Last time I went, James barder was there, Jon manns, and a hand full of other 3.6. And at least 15-20 3.0 trucks

Watson's diesel moved to Greentown Indiana. I believe that should still be a good venue, I think the NTPA pulls there from time to time.

Watson's diesel moved to Greentown Indiana. I believe that should still be a good venue, I think the NTPA pulls there from time to time.

It is a good track and a good central location. 15 minutes from Haisley Machine so if anyone is going it's a good opportunity to stop by the shop too.

Back