2011 Dmax

BC06PSD

Hairless Cat Aficionado
I'm driving a 2011 Dmax for work now. I've driven it since new and it has about 6k miles on it now. I've always wanted a dmax for a personal vehicle but this one is swaying that thought.

The check engine light comes on randomly and then goes off for no apparent reason. Its been back to the dealer 3 times and they can't replicate the problem. It doesn't affect the performance when it comes on but its annoying to have a check engine light on.

The DEF fluid thing is annoying. It seems like evertime I fuel up it needs another gallon. I always carry an extra couple of gallons because its so unpredictable when it'll run out.

The turbo on this thing sounds like could come through the firewall when you accelerate. Screeching banging sound against the firewall.

I'm sure these are just a few minor bugs and I was curious if anyone else has these issues. Overall the truck has impressive power and the transmission shifting is just awesome.

no turbo noises here, not that you describe anyways. i have 16500 on mine now.
i love it, gets 15ish mpg consistently.

def so far hsa been good, using the 1gallon per thousand miles stated in owners manual.

and check engine light has been on once for (overvoltage to turbo vane sensor) cleared code at 2400, hasnt been on since.

mine is a company truck as well, z71 ccsb LT package. i wouldnt hesitate to buy one as a personal vehicle if i could swing the 50 large they paid for it.

Back