Can you change the Gauge Cluster lights to blue LEDs?

So if I want to change the color of my dash to white to match my sport comp 2 guages I just need to put a different bulb in?

Basically, except the bulbs in your truck are white, not green.... The gauge face, heater controls, and headlight switch have a green tint on them

Its alot easier to get a different color bulb bright enough to overpower the green (such as the blue leds)

White would take a lot of time IMO

I like my blue lights better after I changed the needles this weekend
Photo09192135.jpg

Care to list part #ers That looks bad a$$.

I wonder if you can peel the green film off of the surfaces?

I believe so, the gauges would be easy, but the headlight switch and heater controls would be difficult if possible

Care to list part #ers That looks bad a$$.

7 | T10S-TW: 168/194 (WLED) Twist Lock Wedge Base Socket| $ 1.19 |
------------------------------------------------------------
3 | NEOx-xHP: NEOx High Power LED Instrument bulb| $ 2.29 |
NEO4-BHP: 4mm NEO4-xHP Blue
7 | WLED-x6: 6 LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb | $ 3.54 |
WLED-B6: Blue

Instrument Cluster and Gauge Backlights - Super Bright LEDs
^ get 3 neowedge(first line on page 1 for headlight switch, 2 for heater switch) 4mm (I bought the high powers)

Miniature Wedge Base Bulbs - Super Bright LEDs
^ get 7 (only need 5 if you dont change the blinker bulbs) of anything you want as long as it is a 194/168 base (I would stick with higher than 35* angle), and the scroll down to the bottom and get 7 (or 5) twist lock wedge base sockets

Last edited:
i have an 07 cummins i changed all my lights to red, even with the green film on the back never affected the color and the odometer on the dash cannot be changed therefore if you can get a colored film thats the only way to change those colors. superbrightleds.com is the place theyre very good with bulbs about anything you need they have them. ive already converted tag lights 3rd brake, reverse lights for now but i plan on doing more. simple as pulling your cluster out and changing the bulbs ill post up a picture

I wonder if you can peel the green film off of the surfaces?

you cant peel it off but what ive used on a buddy of mines was MEK methyl ethyl ketone, metal can at a hardware store like paint stripper but stronger and it whipes the green right off. if not use paint thinner and like 600 grit sandpaper on the back

I used a razor blade and scraped it all off

^ get 3 neowedge(first line on page 1 for headlight switch, 2 for heater switch) 4mm (I bought the high powers)

^ get 7 (only need 5 if you dont change the blinker bulbs) of anything you want as long as it is a 194/168 base (I would stick with higher than 35* angle), and the scroll down to the bottom and get 7 (or 5) twist lock wedge base sockets

Thank you, I will be swapping my stock Diesel cluster back into my former puller soon so I want to do all this before it goes back in! Looks absolutely awesome! :bow: :bow: :bow:

I believe so, the gauges would be easy, but the headlight switch and heater controls would be difficult if possible

Thank you.

Back