Best 2-post for diesel pickups

91shelbydaytona

So im looking at buying a 2 post hoist for home. I would like one thats real sturdy when picking crew cab long box diesels yet able to pick up small cars and cabs off trucks. At work i use a rotary asym 10k but when putting a crew cab long box diesel on there its a little questionable. What are all you diesel shops using?

So im looking at buying a 2 post hoist for home. I would like one thats real sturdy when picking crew cab long box diesels yet able to pick up small cars and cabs off trucks. At work i use a rotary asym 10k but when putting a crew cab long box diesel on there its a little questionable. What are all you diesel shops using?

Look into a 12k danmar.

Love my Mohawk lifts at our shop. We have 3, one's only a couple years old, one's about 10 years old, and the other is probably 15 years old now. Never had any problems other than a switch on the old one. We have the 9k's, which struggle with anything bigger than a 1 ton but pick crew cab long bed diesels without a problem. That being said next one will be a 12k or 15k.

They are all hydraulic too so you can run the lines up through the ceiling so you never have to worry about clearance issues with height or rolling stuff across the cables in the floor.

I've got a 4 post in my shop. My former boss has his old trusty 10k Bendpack. Very sturdy hoist. Non asym, so small cars could be tricky, but trucks were rock solid.. I plan to get a straight up 10k when I get my 2 post in the future.... Or, I'll go light and get a 7k and just use it for cabs...

That is the exact one i was considering. My rotary picks them up fine it just isnt very stable. Do you pull any cabs with that hoist?

Yes, works just fine. Also I have been seeing more and more Atlas and Danmar 10k lifts in shops working on diesels all day.

Last edited:
If you get one, buy it through the place I linked, they have very good customer service. Bendpak has great customer service, also.

How does it do with super dutys, the frames are narrow and tucked high. i have an issue with a differnt 10k wide hoist, the arms are too close together, fully extended and the longest spacer to clear the running boards and its a bit sketchy. You touch it and the whole truck sways.

thanks
JOe

How does it do with super dutys, the frames are narrow and tucked high. i have an issue with a differnt 10k wide hoist, the arms are too close together, fully extended and the longest spacer to clear the running boards and its a bit sketchy. You touch it and the whole truck sways.

thanks
JOe

Never had a super on it, but cummins trucks with running boards aren't too bad with the long extensions. They're going to sway a little bit. Use the frame craddles on trucks anyways.

All 3 truck frames are the same width. Superdutys are harder to position due to frame curve and spring perch location, doesn't matter what lift you have. I use a 12k bendpak everyday and it works great. Stay away from assymetrical lifts.

Back