Looking for someone running nitrous...

Think of it this way. When the solenoid is off the rail and lines become empty of NOS. When the solenoid first turns on the NOS is going to get to the various cylinders in and uneven fashion until the longest path is filled with NOS. The causes a measurable unbalance in the cylinder by cylinder output of the engine. It is best to make a short rail and position it centered, then make all the hard lines the same length. This is just how a common rail fuel system works except that the solenoid is on each injector and they still see fit to make them this way!

this is all I heard:

1328338_600.jpg

I will give another shot on getting Mark to contact you lee.

This system can work very well. At 1200psi of bottle pressure and small jets per cylinder you will get an even distribution of nitrous. It would be more equivelent than spraying prior to an intake horn or runner setup.

Good point brought up about purging air. The best way I can think of is using a controller that will limit amount of nitrous and then bump system a few times with truck idling. I do that with mine but not with 6 jets. I don't think mark purges his at all and no failures yet.

Last edited:
A purge isn't going to overcome the rail issues I pointed out. It will purge the line prior to the solenoid only. Doesn't matter how much pressure you have in the bottle the air in the rail and lines after the solenoid will cause the imbalance. The NOS is going to take the path of least resistance and that is going to be the shorted way out provided there are no kinks in the lines. Most people use a NOS solenoid that only has a 0.125" orifice in it so that's all its going to flow into that rail and lines. That and the fact that most of the time you turn the NOS on, it is already under boost slows the flow to the cylinders. While you may not think much of it matters, it is the small details that make one system work better than the others!

A purge isn't going to overcome the rail issues I pointed out. It will purge the line prior to the solenoid only. Doesn't matter how much pressure you have in the bottle the air in the rail and lines after the solenoid will cause the imbalance. The NOS is going to take the path of least resistance and that is going to be the shorted way out provided there are no kinks in the lines. Most people use a NOS solenoid that only has a 0.125" orifice in it so that's all its going to flow into that rail and lines. That and the fact that most of the time you turn the NOS on, it is already under boost slows the flow to the cylinders. While you may not think much of it matters, it is the small details that make one system work better than the others!

That is not what I was suggesting. Purging into the motor by bumping the nitrous is. In this case you would need to rattle the noids to cut down on the amount but it can be done with the proper controller.

Nothing wrong with the setup at all. You are talking about a dry kit. The imbalance discussed it miniscule when talking about a dry kit and considering the fact your not spraying into an atmospheric void such as a N/A motor.

The issues the gasser rail systems have is due the fuel side not the gas rails.

Personally I would prefer to see a .200 to .225 ID on the rail with dual .125 solenoids on a progressive controller.

Would it be beneficial to supply from one end of the rail and purge through the other? If one were to use equidistant lines.

The only "equal" system would have one solenoid per cylinder fed from a rail, and purge the rail before the run.

IMHO,
Chris

Look at what they did with gas injectors over the years. Eventually went with one per cylinder with each having its own solenoid. Started with throttle body. Just a obswrvation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you said it wouldn't work on a gasser, now you say that it has "burned many gas engines." That leaves some that are still working even if it was the cause of the problem. So which is it?

Ever think maybe it was because they did not tune it correctly?

Some has not blown up yet but they will soon.

Single solenoid, showerhead and equal length nylon lines = problem solved.

yeah but ford fixed the trouble with the cummings imbalance by placing a blue oval directly in front of the problem that follows.

Like I said, diesels are not very sensitive to nitrous system design flaws. You can just route a hose to intake tube and open bottle valve.
That isn't what you said at all, or none of this discussion would have taken place.

Back