Injector connector cross tubes question

brixen348

So, will a cr cross tube fit in a Vp44 head? Yes I know the line connection is different. I don't have a vp head here yet or I'd try it.
What the grand scheme is:
Vp head, vp injectors, cr tubes (if possible), and p pump to cr style lines. I already have the p pump to cr lines which Is why I want to run the cr tubes in the vp head.
Any input would be appreciated. Maybe better in the cr section? Thanks!

I believe I read somewhere that the CR tubes are slightly longer and that people are machining them to work.
I have a VP head, VP & CR tubes, just too lazy to go look it over. :)

I take it you don't want to machine off the shelf to make a P pump work on a CR?

Mark.

So I got my vp head, cr tubes are longer from tip to o ring, also the alignment pin gives some grief but I believe they could be machined to work.
Yes I am avoiding the intake clearance issue, I don't want to patch it up or mill it off. I was given 800 for the cr head and got a really nice vp head for 200 so figure why not. I drilled the steam holes and opened up the one coolant passage and it's good to go, headed to the machine shop to get decked tomorrow. Oh and the reason I wanted to use cr tubes in the vp head is I already had a set of p pump to cr lines and didn't want to buy another set lol

I have never done a build thread on here, but I could do one if anyone would be interested. Just your average Joe doing a p pump 6.7, not a fancy machine shop, no schooling or anything, so maybe someone could benefit from the info lol. If people think it's dumb I won't do a build thread, just figured I'd ask!

Back