Traction Bars

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
I am looking for some traction bars for my 2002 dodge. They need to be bolt on so i can take them off as needed. Anyone have any nice custom ones???

wait, i mispoke....from my info...boxed frames for 2500s started in 2003, 1500 boxed started in 2002.

I guess it depends on you checkin for me...sorry

My bars actually only work for C-channel

30788.jpg

2nd gen frames are fabricated from multiple C-sections welded together - up to 3 thicknesses in some places.

3rd gen frames are hydroformed from tubing and thus have essentially uniform wall thickness.

Big Blue has these on his truck:
DSC000501.JPG

They are designed for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Gen trucks.

Last edited:
d

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
wait, i mispoke....from my info...boxed frames for 2500s started in 2003, 1500 boxed started in 2002.

I guess it depends on you checkin for me...sorry

Ive beilve i have seen the truck in your advature in lakeland at i beilve spikers or it may have been bubbas to

Mooring Product said:
Nice truck.

Thanks...im not totally sold on the new shoes yet.

Ive beilve i have seen the truck in your advature in lakeland at i beilve spikers or it may have been bubbas to

Never been to Spikers or Bubbas (would like to)....only been to Lakeland Bogs...in which it would have looked exactly like this...

728874.jpg

Flag me down next time you see me.

The two latest PM requests will be sent in a minute. Thanks guys.

Do traction bars interfere with suspension travel? I load mine down pretty heavy on occasion and would hate to have it ride even worse or bend the bars. When I dyno'd the rear end was wadding up the springs and I figured the bars might help and maybe put a little more to the ground.

dodge359 said:
Do traction bars interfere with suspension travel? I load mine down pretty heavy on occasion and would hate to have it ride even worse or bend the bars. When I dyno'd the rear end was wadding up the springs and I figured the bars might help and maybe put a little more to the ground.

Mine have both a firm and soft poly bushing inside the frame bracket, which encases a ball type joint which is greasable. When the truck is loaded down it causes the bushing to deform slightly giving you more versatility than a single bar with heims.

In addition to the bushings, the length of the bars themselves keep the springs in check very well throughout their elliptical cycle.

Floating bars do make it slightly easier on the leafs during its travel....but ONLY if they are setup for that specific leaf...and even then, on a superduty with 3" wide leafs and a high payload...imo not worth double the price worth of difference $.02

I have my bars on a members truck right now and he claims they feel better than both his old Tuff Countrys as well as his old triangulated Fabtechs (triangulation means nothing when you use the wrong joints)

Heres some pics of my frame joint:

30795.jpg

28036.jpg

Assembled

30789.jpg

Heres some towing....he said he didnt noticed a real change in ride quality (other than the leafs being more compressed naturally)

741412.jpg

Mildly flexing (but the only flex pic i have)

157084.jpg

Sledpulling

Last edited:
Well i am still needing a set. But i have just picked up a new toy now i need two sets. If i plan on building one set and possibly buying another does anyone have any advise they might be able to throw at me. One truck is going to be a full blown toy and never see a load the other truck will pull a 19000lbs dozer fairly often (1 or 2 times a week). Will i need to be concerned about them bending on the truck i pull daily with???

Back