Rules Question ??

Toolman

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I was just reading through the rules posted up by Nathan on Fleece's thread. http://www.outlawdieselss.com/#!rules-and-forms/cxjf I noticed that in all the classes except for ET that delay boxes were permitted . This really surprised me. All the time I have been diesel racing the rules have always been foot brake launch. I am not really sure how this would work with a diesel but I know when I have bracket raced against cars where they are allowed you can't hardly compete unless you have one. Maybe I am misunderstanding this but if that is what it sounds like I think it should be changed back to foot brake.

Wow Bruce that would honestly be crazy. I have a strong hate for delay boxes. Yet just like you im not sure on how they would work on diesels. Not to get off topic but i am a little bumed at the payouts. Et, 7.70/12.0, 6.70/10.50 are all the same.

I just re read another 5 times. Sounds to me like delay boxes are permitted but i think should be taken out as well. Another confusing thing is why pro street, 6.70, 7.70 are all .5 pro tree and not .4 like pro stock and up. Another tree in gonna have to learn now.

I am not exactly sure if you could even use a delay box on a pro tree but if you could figure it out it might be almost unbeatable in an index class. And there is another thing in the rules too that states that throttle controls are legal. So does that mean that we could maybe come up with a delay box launch and possibly a throttle stop to dial in on the index? I know they use them all the time in the NHRA index classes . The cars launch hard then fall on their face for a while then take back off and run right on the number. I would hate to see that kind of racing in the diesel world it sucks to watch the gassers do that.

It also says carburetors. I think they found a set of rules, modified it slightly, and posted to get people building.

Those errors are my mistake. We will be removing the rule that allows delay boxes in all index classes and the AutoStart will be set on 7 seconds. Sorry about that.

Dennis

Back