RV Towing: What mods?

My Edge Juice with Attitude allows you to set various sensors within the pillar mount monitor that comes with the product. It intercepts the factory signals like oil pressure, voltage, engine temp, transmission temp, etc. The only one you have to input yourself (and it comes with the product) is the EGT sensor.

I have my monitor set to intercept the transmission temperature, EGTs, and boost. My truck did not come with a factory transmission temperature gauge, but you can get it as a factory option. The signal is still sent to the dash even though my truck didn't have a factory gauge.

Paul Underwood said:
I am not sure I understand the question, but I didn't blow out any noticeable exhaust smoke on my ascent to the top.
LOL...i guess somebody is new to the diesel lingo

Pacemkr86 is correct. I am still learning the diesel lingo.

Back to the question, I didn't notice how many gasser trash trucks I passed on the way up, but I don't think I passed any pulling 5th wheels.

I'm still learning and appreciate all the help anyone offers.

Paul Underwood said:
My truck did not come with a factory transmission temperature gauge, but you can get it as a factory option. The signal is still sent to the dash even though my truck didn't have a factory gauge.

You can get it as a factory option? .....I did not know this. Can you shoot me a link or something? I'd like to see how DC sets the gauge, seeing the trans temps would help a good bit.

Rich

I didn't know if you'd cought post #26. I did not know that Dodge provided a trans temp from the factory? Also, how's the MPG?

you need to get one of these

frontram2cr.jpg

Tranny Temp for Edge with Juice

With the Edge with Juice, you are able to intercept and display on the Edge display box any of the factory feeds of data. Some of those include:

1. Transmission Temperature
2. Intake Temperature
3. Exhaust Temperature (EGT) - this reading comes from the EGT probe that comes with the Edge with Juice product
4. Amps
5. Oil Pressure
6. Speed

One of the best features it has is, you can set a cool down temperature mark that will automatically keep your motor running until the EGT temp gets to any temperature you set it to. You turn the ignition off, take your keys out and leave, while the engine continues to run until the EGTs get down to the temperature you decide and then the engine automatically turns off. I understand that cooldown before turning the engine off helps protect the turbo.

Paul,
I think it's great that a master ford tech (your son) is honest enough to point you in the right direction.:) I am sure you have been enjoying your Cummins.
I highly recommend not getting too carried away with the Juice. You really don't need it set way on up there like you had the superchips set on your ford. Level 2 is all you need to tow with.
Any thoughts on an exhaust brake?

i just use my Puck on 60hp when I pull our 32ft 11k lbsT/T and never hade any problems passing anyone.
Paul Its easy to get cought up in all the H/P stuff
Our trucks have more power and TQ that anyone would nead to tow any trailer Ie 5er or T/T just Keep it simpel and save your truck . Something mild like the lower levels on your Edge and an Exaust and an Air boxr or a drop in Filter Not K&N I use Airade .Well Good Luck F/P

Last edited:
Just a good pyro guage, and watch other guages trans temp etc and you should be ok. Air bags really smooth out the ride.

Back