Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > BD-Power
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #1
Hector-BD

Name: Hector-BD
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Now EPA Compliant

All of us at BD Diesel Performance are excited to announce the BD Screamer for the 6.7 HE351/HE300 is now EPA Compliant.

epacompliant.jpg
1-800-887-5030
BD Power - The Leaders in Diesel Performance

Old 10-18-2019, 06:57 AM   #2
RD TRCTR

Name: RD TRCTR
Title: Diesels, Burn Outs & Tits
Member`s Gallery
36 state compliance isn't all that hard to achieve when the emissions equipment is intact. I would be interested in seeing the emissions data of a truck putting down 690...

Old 10-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #3
regcanfan

Name: regcanfan
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I've been wondering ever since the epa crack down thread, how some of the higher hp builds with emissions intact are doing. I know calibrated power talks about their's fairly often. ATS had one for awhile. Did TS ever go through with theirs from a few years back.

On a side note I got pulled into a back road DOT check point a couple days ago. Had a routine inspection and got to visiting with the officer just a bit. He was actually a level headed and decent officer for once. I asked him in they had anything come as to stricter emission inspections. He looked at me and said "Nebraska doesn't care and we dont care". Went on to tell me he had been licensed for hazmat for 14 years and had just gotten his tester to check for leaks a year ago. He said for me to carry equipment for emissions testing isn't practical much less getting the equipment.

Old 10-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #4
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
What one sensible and easygoing officer tells you, is overridden by the next one who wants to be the asshole doing roadside justice, just because he's on a power trip.

Looking at what politicians are willing to do to gain power, we could have EPA legislation that's as bad as California's in short order, if the people in government decide it should be that way.
Never underestimate the corruptible people in government and the idiots who vote, thinking they are doing something good.

Mark.

Old 10-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #5
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by regcanfan View Post
He said for me to carry equipment for emissions testing isn't practical much less getting the equipment.
Doing a little bit of dyno emissions work in college, I don't really know how their 'in-field' testing would even hold up in court. You have to have such controlled conditions to measure the minimal amounts of emissions, it's ridiculous. Like CO with their on-ramp testing trucks...

Then again, if they can see any smoke at all on a truck past ~2008, it's probably deleted.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:43 AM   #6
regcanfan

Name: regcanfan
Member`s Gallery
What one sensible and easygoing officer tells you, is overridden by the next one who wants to be the asshole doing roadside justice, just because he's on a power trip.

Thanks Mark, that thought went through my mind. Just didn't get it put into writing.

I don't have a clue as emissions testing so bare with me. In reading though the tread as to the epa ppei etc, it seems like testing will become more detailed and involved. With that in mind, will the run of the mill DOT officer even know what the results mean without training? If you take a state that has zero emissions testing equipment or testing protocol in place, how long will it take for the government to get ready? We all know how efficient the government is. Like I said I'm a bit clueless here and not acting paranoid just trying to learn.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:55 AM   #7
RD TRCTR

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
Doing a little bit of dyno emissions work in college, I don't really know how their 'in-field' testing would even hold up in court. You have to have such controlled conditions to measure the minimal amounts of emissions, it's ridiculous. Like CO with their on-ramp testing trucks...

Then again, if they can see any smoke at all on a truck past ~2008, it's probably deleted.
Travel to Denver sometime. They'll have emissions capture equipment mid on-ramp to I70. I am not saying it's legit, but it happens.

In regards to in-field emissions, there are two aspects:
- In use diagnostic "monitors" and activity of those diagnostics. I don't currently recall, but there is a standard for how a diagnostic should run. How often is defined in trips aka, key cycles which meet minimal requirements.
- Secondly there is the "FTP" region of engine operation. This is typically viewed as speed-load. The majority of typical engine usage is in the "FTP" region. For harsher cases, this is viewed in the US06 speed-loads.

Also, EPA and CARB are pushing that an engine should always meet emissions. Especially at 8800 and below altitude and between 40 to 80 degF. So, the majority of vehicle operation should be compliant.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:40 PM   #8
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD TRCTR View Post
Travel to Denver sometime. They'll have emissions capture equipment mid on-ramp to I70. I am not saying it's legit, but it happens.
I literally said that! I lived in Denver ~2012-2014.
That's why I was saying I don't know how it would hold up. Also, they do use it the opposite way. If you go by it and smoke a ton, you'll get a pamphlet in the mail suggesting you take action to correct your emissions. If you pass it enough times with no flags, they can give you exemption from yearly emissions dynos (gas only).

Old 10-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #9
RD TRCTR

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I literally said that! I lived in Denver ~2012-2014.
That's why I was saying I don't know how it would hold up. Also, they do use it the opposite way. If you go by it and smoke a ton, you'll get a pamphlet in the mail suggesting you take action to correct your emissions. If you pass it enough times with no flags, they can give you exemption from yearly emissions dynos (gas only).
Sometimes I suck at English, reading and comprehension....

Old 10-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #10
MegaTT

Name: MegaTT
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
youre a joke BD
Tell Brian he still owes me 50,000

Old 10-23-2019, 08:52 AM   #11
Hector-BD

Name: Hector-BD
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTT View Post
youre a joke BD
PM sent.
1-800-887-5030
BD Power - The Leaders in Diesel Performance

Old 10-23-2019, 09:39 AM   #12
Empty_Pockets

Name: Empty_Pockets
Title: Undercover Epa agent
Member`s Gallery
Well this took an interesting turn

Old 10-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #13
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowlml View Post
Well this took an interesting turn
Especially when post #10 doesn't read the same as what I got in my e-mail notification.
THAT comment contained much more detail.

Mark.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:13 AM   #14
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTT View Post
youre a joke BD
What's your paypal address?

Old 10-23-2019, 02:23 PM   #15
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

I agree. We do testing on machinery and it's an all day ordeal.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 10-23-2019, 03:25 PM   #16
MegaTT

Member`s Gallery
sticking to my guns Hector.
Brian Roth is a real piece of work.
I will say BD literally told me to eat a dick and when AMA and BCAA got involved they told me to get a lawyer...
Maybe I Should have like the guy who blew his tranny last year and went to small claims court
Taken from BD google review
Place is a compete joke. Evey bad review you read probably has truth to it.They took my truck to sema 2018 only to have it returned to me 7 months later with parts missing, damage to truck and paint missing. Complete retards work there in my opinion. The service manager (shaun) sent me an email saying my truck is ready to be picked up and in 100% safe working condition...i flew down from alberta to abbotsford (i let them build my truck because i thought i could trust them, shoukda went to khaos customs) to finally get my pride and joy. Before even turning the truck on i decided to look over everything, as not once in the last year have i left their shop without some sort of problem. Alongside When i ordered my twin turbos originally i had to wait 3 months before they charged my credit card 6,000 without me knowing and mailed me a ford superduty twin kit. I just had to look iver their work. As when they first installed it they didnt re charge my air conditioning either...Well i found a loose master brake cylinder, if i did not argue with the service manager (shaun) and head mechanic (jordan) how unsafe it was and why they should fix it i very easily could have died on the drive home !!!!! Or perhaps even killed an innocent bystander because they are incompetent. It feels like they did try to kill me sadly....They say their 68rfe is good for 900hp...well after being through 5, yes 5 in one year i can no longer bite my tongue. I wish i never got involved with bd diesel, valley fuel injection, and never went to sema 2018. They truely ruined any diesel passion i ever had. BEWARE BD

Update: still have never heard back from anyone at bd diesel but they respond to everyone else.....thanks BD for taking 60,000 of my hard earned money over the last few years, driving my truck into a tree in las vegas and leaving me in this predicament. Terrible

Last edited by MegaTT; 10-23-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Old 10-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #17
MegaTT

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nixon View Post
Especially when post #10 doesn't read the same as what I got in my e-mail notification.
THAT comment contained much more detail.

Mark.
This is not an isolated incident

The two previous SEMA truck before the thirshad issues, wish he would have learnt from them and NOT went...live and learn

CAI Griffiths and Brady Belsholm I believe their names are; ask them how they feel about a company that took their money when they went to SEMA

Closed Thread