Fuel pressure guage.....

JacktheBear3

Enthusiast
Need some opinions, thought I'd put this post up in the Cummins section because of the common need for a fuel pressure guage on the Dodge trucks.

When shopping for a fuel pressure guage, I have gotten completely mixed opinions on whether to spend the bucks on an electric guage Vs. mechanical guage w/isolator; which is the right way to go?

What's best bang for the buck?

Which gets the job done, many have told me mechanical is much better... but is there that much better response than electric? or is it that the electric part creates a potential variable that could lead to misconception when an operational issue arises?

there are so many options today, just looking to see what public opinion is.

~Wally

Personally I run a Mechanical with no isolator.
Dipricol Optic series.

I ran a Auto meter w/ isolator but the poor thing just didnt like the 18+ lbs of pressure being rated @ 15 psi max. Doesnt go to zero anymore.

dan

I run a Dakota Digital (electric)
I have had 0 problems with it and would reccomend it to anyone.

JacktheBear3,

We sell more mechanical, but then Auto Meter is really the only company that has electric to select from currentlyDiPricol will ahve electric set ups soon, they will also have an electric rail pressure gauge that should be here in a week or two that will be real popular with the common rail trucks!!

I would get a mechanical DiPricol or Isspro and use the pancake isolator we have it's 100% reliable if you get the air out of the line between the gauge and the isolator. We stock the banjo bolts, hoses and lines that make the install really easy too.

Mark @ DPPI

I have had my Autometer Utlra-Lite Electric Fuel Pressure gauge for almost a year and no problems at all. They do cost more, but the easy simple install and not having to deal with isolator is worth it to me.

Back